Granite Brand new Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly bought a set of serrated wheel nuts for my stampede and tightened them hard by hand and I never had a problem again, they stay on pretty tight. Before that though tires kept falling off every few minutes.

Hi guys I just got my 4wd 3's BLX Granite today after owning a couple of Stampedes. I am really impressed by the quality and how much you get for the price. I took advantage of a 10% off special and got it for $270. Still amazed it comes with a esc fan and motor heatsink, back bumper and wheelie bar. That's like an additional $50 I spent on my other trucks lol. Anyways I got two important questions that I would appreciate your help with. One is how do I use my battery with this trucks plug? I have a gensacearespammers 2s lipo with the deans plug and the Granite has something completely different. I bought a banana to deans male adapter but the plugs are too big and don't go into the Granite plug. What exactly is it called that I need to use my battery? My truck is just sitting here waiting to burn rubber. My second question is are the wheel locknuts glued with thread locker? I tried to unscrew them using my wrench but there is no movement whatsoever no matter how much pressure I apply. Perhaps ARRMA does things different than TRAXXAS in locking certain things before shipping them off? Really need help here, thanks in advance.
Ec5

I left them open, and actually made another hole below the spur gear to allow dirt and debris to get out. You could definitely tape over though.

Absolutely. I personally don't think most of the dirt gets in from the bottom. I thinks it gets thrown in from the front wheels when turning. That's only my theory though, and I don't see any harm coming from covering the access holes in the bottom. Give it a try and post the results.

Will do.
Something else that's on my mind about this truck and other RC mt's in general. Why are the front tires not pointing straight ahead? they seem to be pointing outward when I pick up the truck. I guess this corrects itself a bit when it's flat on the ground but it seems like an odd design choice if on purpose. The back tires also seem to point inwards a little. An actual vehicle wouldn't run wheel like this but seems RC's don't have a problem with it.

I know this has been answered in another thread I was in somewhere in here, but now I can't find it now. I want to use my pro-line mashers on my Granite 4x4 blx but I need some 12mm hexes. I ordered some off ebay that said they would fit but they didn't, hole wasn't big enough . Anyone know exactly which ones would fit perfectly for this truck? I went to my lhs today and they didn't have jack, said Arrma doesn't make 12mm hexes. They did give me a good idea on taking Traxxas plastic ones and taking a drill and making the hole bigger. That or I might try a soldering iron and melting it a little and try and get it to fit.

I know this has been answered in another thread I was in somewhere in here, but now I can't find it now. I want to use my pro-line mashers on my Granite 4x4 blx but I need some 12mm hexes. I ordered some off ebay that said they would fit but they didn't, hole wasn't big enough . Anyone know exactly which ones would fit perfectly for this truck? I went to my lhs today and they didn't have jack, said Arrma doesn't make 12mm hexes. They did give me a good idea on taking Traxxas plastic ones and taking a drill and making the hole bigger. That or I might try a soldering iron and melting it a little and try and get it to fit.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas-12mm-aluminum-hex-wheel-adapter-blue-4-tra6869/p257214

Use a wrench to get off the tires if your little tools cannot. It will come off if you turn it to the left with enough pressure. Nothing will break but the nut from the axle.

So I ran this truck for the first time ever. It really rips on 3s (also first time I ever used 3s). I got maybe 20 minutes of nonstop bashing at the park. Even provide some pics. I was really impressed with how it handles, almost feels like an airplane or a boat just gliding on the pavement and really quiet. I did countless front flips and the most impressive thing is how this truck almost always finds a way to land on all fours. Compared to my Stampede 4x4 this is probably going to be my truck for taking out while the Stampede will be my backyard basher.

2u8ec9k.png

That's my dog Ruby on the top, and below it the worse tumble it took where it ended up wedged between a fence and the ground. If I figure out how to post video I will post a few seconds of it flipping in the air and landing on it's tires.

Hi guys I just got my 4wd 3's BLX Granite today after owning a couple of Stampedes. I am really impressed by the quality and how much you get for the price. I took advantage of a 10% off special and got it for $270. Still amazed it comes with a esc fan and motor heatsink, back bumper and wheelie bar. That's like an additional $50 I spent on my other trucks lol. Anyways I got two important questions that I would appreciate your help with. One is how do I use my battery with this trucks plug? I have a gensacearespammers 2s lipo with the deans plug and the Granite has something completely different. I bought a banana to deans male adapter but the plugs are too big and don't go into the Granite plug. What exactly is it called that I need to use my battery? My truck is just sitting here waiting to burn rubber. My second question is are the wheel locknuts glued with thread locker? I tried to unscrew them using my wrench but there is no movement whatsoever no matter how much pressure I apply. Perhaps ARRMA does things different than TRAXXAS in locking certain things before shipping them off? Really need help here, thanks in advance.
just got mine it came with a ec5connection need to get a bat

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back