Infraction Brand New Infraction Leaking Diff!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is possible. It is variable 5.
Well I'll be a blue nosed pocket gopher.

And there goes my theory lol.
Arrma what wrong with you?! Outraged I am. Rotation backwards wrong I speak? Email headquarters must be done possible soon?
I'm on my phone so some words get missed and I suck at proofreading.

DUDE !

Please Email Horizon-H about this.

They must have som stress issues at the Factory.
This must be Controlled Now !
Tell Horizon Boss Call Factory and tell them to have better Quality Controll.
Some must Check all Diffs.
Or Change one- two guys who work with Diffs out there very fast.

I have self had atleast 50 different RTR cars, alot different brands.
Also before i had MANY RC friends, they have totally about 50 RTR cars too.
In my life i have seen about 100 RTR cars atleast.
NO ONE have ever had Leaking issues. NEVER .

This is First time i hear this.

This is fast car also, and not 100us car, this is 500dollar + car.
This must work Perfect.
Leaking Diffs in this kind of Car is Pure Joke. If you ask me.

Email Horizon Boss right now Please.
This is a Shame
Hoonigan, Can you please help us here and send that email for us .
The email address is [email protected]

Since you are in Europe, maybe its better you call Arrma directly in the UK.
The phone: +441283 210374 ask for Jason Dearden. I think he is a Boss.

Last edited:
Not a great start from Arrma on this one, looks a bit like a Friday build...???

Rushing to meet demand around the world..?
More like it was built on a hangover Monday.

Joking aside, in reality, we should all understand that outsourced employees are expected to work very fast and have to meet job demands. With very long hours. They have to meet volumes of production that are very difficult to achieve. These are not union shops. In the end, if these rigs were made here in the States, they would cost double easily, if not more. Early production of newly designed rigs take a while for QC to catch up. Ultimately, Horizon offers a great warranty and Customer support to match. They always make things right. That is their track record.
My Noto. had 3 leaking diffs. All 3. The box had diff fluid all over. They were willing to take the whole rig back and replace it. But I figured I would cut my losses. The rest of the Noto. was pretty much spot on well built. Horizon sent me all the diff fluid. They even asked me what cst I preferred. And sent me 3 TLR tubes oil for the 3 diffs.

What is this? Where is it from? Who are you? :)
:alien:Its Jason Dearden trolling in disguise.

Last edited:
I might wrong but I do not believe it is possible to change the motor rotation in the BLX185 esc. So since the motor is on the opposite side of the car facing the opposite direction it now spins the center diff in the opposite direction. So the front and rear diffs now need to spin in the opposite direction in order for the car to drive in the correct direction.
Just swap 2 wires, and the motor spins the right way...

Being non sensored, swapping any two motor wires reverses motor rotation. That is pretty much standard fare. Sensored ESC's have a program setting for reversing.
Never swap motor wires on a sensored setup!!!!!

Again my theory had a lot of holes in it.
Being non sensored, swapping any two motor wires reverses motor rotation. That is pretty much standard fare. Sensored ESC's have a program setting for reversing.
Never swap motor wires on a sensored setup!!!!!

Not all sensored escs have the option to change motor rotation, I am sure that is where I got confused the other day.
The Hobbywing 10BL60 Sensored esc as example.
tef7v8uijkwefgsv.jpg

Last edited:
Again my theory had a lot of holes in it.

Not all sensored escs have the option to change motor rotation, I am sure that is where I got confused the other day.
The Hobbywing 10BL60 Sensored esc as example.
View attachment 44534
In that situation, you go to your radio (TX) and adjust your channel 2 (ESC channel) "servo reverse", then re-calibrate the radio, then check failsafe, then reprogram the ESC. In that order.;)

I have 2 10BL120's. It has the same program functions as above. With no reverse/normal motor function in the menu. Some ESC's don't have it. Some do.
We never swap motor leads on a sensored motor. It wreaks havoc with the 3 hall effect sensors and the esc takes the hit because the motor is out of phase. (The current wont alternate correctly)
Keep leads A-A, B-B ,C-C.
Non-Sensored brushless motors have no Hall effect sensors. The esc relies on phase feedback from the motors 3 leads. Swap any 2 leads and the esc accepts the phase change you created.
Sensored Motors are much more sophisticated. Hall effect sensors send signal on a 2-way control circuit. And it gets technical from there.
I could go on. But that can be for another thread.
Hopefully my point was clear enough.:coffee:
K.I.S.S. ( keep it simple stupid ):)

Last edited:
My senton 6s came out of the box with a leaking centre diff too :(

Out of box, leaking diffs. I feel ya. Been there. Center diffs leaked out completely 2 min into a maiden run. QC is at stake here. At least the warranty proves to be there in those cases. Warranty cases provide feedback for QC.

Not a great start from Arrma on this one, looks a bit like a Friday build...???

Rushing to meet demand around the world..?
Having worked on a motor vehicle assembly line I can say “friday builds” are definately a thing.. it was back in the mid 90’s when I worked at the mitsubishi factory in adelaide... Friday’s were “boot bar” days.. where one of the blokes on the line would bring in a few cartons of beer in an esky and at lunch time we (a few of the blokes who worked on his section of the line) would go out to the car park and drink as many beers as we could in the half hour we had for lunch...

Definately wouldn’t have wanted a car we were involved in making on friday arvo’s!..

Last edited:
Forgive the silly question but I haven't taken mine apart yet. But what is the thick white electronics looking grease? There's not alot of it, but its under my motor mount. Is this from the center diff? Should I look at rebuilding this thing first?

Forgive the silly question but I haven't taken mine apart yet. But what is the thick white electronics looking grease? There's not alot of it, but its under my motor mount. Is this from the center diff? Should I look at rebuilding this thing first?
Uh, there should not be any white grease anywhere. Can you post a picture of it?

Are you talking a 6s rig?
Post a pix.

I'll get a pic when I get home. It honestly looks like the grease on the outside of the diff but inside the diff housing if that makes sense. Again it's not a ton of it and it doesn't appear to be actually leaking. It was just there out of the box

Infraction is the rig btw

Last edited:
Just could be a leaking diff Oil.
But you said it is a white grease? White is Lithium grease. Never seen on the 6s rigs. Perhaps on a 3s or 4s though. Not familiar with the latter rigs.

Just could be a leaking diff Oil.
But you said it is a white grease? White is Lithium grease. Never seen on the 6s rigs. Perhaps on a 3s or 4s though. Not familiar with the latter rigs.

So it's close to white but sort of translucent like vasoline. It's definitely NOT White lithium.

Then Diff oil is weeping out, the only way I see it.
Examine the diff gasket and tighten up the 4 diff cup screws evenly. Clean it up well and watch for any further leaking. Usually that fixes leakers out of the box.
I see this all the time. Is it really that hard for Arrma to control this issue?:unsure:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back