Infraction Brand New Infraction Leaking Diff!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are finding White grease between motor and it's mount, maybe Arrma is using a heat sink compound for better thermal conductivity? I've used CPU processor thermal paste for hot running setups before in similar parts. It's a white paste. You only need little. Just trying to come up with ideas.
I use thermal paste on a brushed motor clip-on heatsink with one of my Crawlers. Its a hot wind. Cant use a fan and get them wet. They fail right away. I run this in streams and mud and I hose it off when I am done. Heatsink alone with T. paste keeps me about 20Fdeg. cooler.
I've never seen a waterproof or even water resistant Fan. All the other electrics are WP or can be made WP with conformal coating etc. Just not Fans. The bearings fail easily, slows down and then stops. RC fans are just PC fans repurposed for RC use. And marked up considerably. I am using a Noctua brand(Austria) High end CPU fan recently for my Kraton motor. I am tired of replacing fans with the same old stuff. Trying to think out of the box. THE Noctua 40mmx10mm is about the same price as most RC fans similar in size. Yet considered expensive for a Pc fan. Supposedly Noctua has a proprietary dual bearing with a lube reservoir that's unique. And their fan blades are tuned for high CFM's at lower rpms, so they last longer than the average. Available in 5V or 12V variants. Some food for thought . Performance wise the WTF fans seem to be the best as far as RC marketed fans go. But these Noctua fans are used on high end mission critical Server racks.
I used to scratch build many PC's back in the day. Nowadays prebuilt PC's are cheap and disposable.
But I digress. Stay on topic here.:)

Attachments

• 20190807_175444.jpg
    20190807_175444.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 20190807_175333.jpg
    20190807_175333.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
If you are finding White grease between motor and it's mount, maybe Arrma is using a heat sink compound for better thermal conductivity? I've used CPU processor thermal paste for hot running setups before in similar parts. It's a white paste. You only need little. Just trying to come up with ideas.
I use thermal paste on a brushed motor clip-on heatsink with one of my Crawlers. Its a hot wind. Cant use a fan and get them wet. They fail right away. I run this in streams and mud and I hose it off when I am done. Heatsink alone with T. paste keeps me about 20Fdeg. cooler.
I've never seen a waterproof or even water resistant Fan. All the other electrics are WP or can be made WP with conformal coating etc. Just not Fans. The bearings fail easily, slows down and then stops. RC fans are just PC fans repurposed for RC use. And marked up considerably. I am using a Noctua brand(Austria) High end CPU fan recently for my Kraton motor. I am tired of replacing fans with the same old stuff. Trying to think out of the box. THE Noctua 40mmx10mm is about the same price as most RC fans similar in size. Yet considered expensive for a Pc fan. Supposedly Noctua has a proprietary dual bearing with a lube reservoir that's unique. And their fan blades are tuned for high CFM's at lower rpms, so they last longer than the average. Available in 5V or 12V variants. Some food for thought . Performance wise the WTF fans seem to be the best as far as RC marketed fans go. But these Noctua fans are used on high end mission critical Server racks.
I used to scratch build many PC's back in the day. Nowadays prebuilt PC's are cheap and disposable.
But I digress. Stay on topic here.:)
I was this close to getting a Noctua NH-D15, I know there fans are good but tan and brown are not the best of color choices for the fans.

I was this close to getting a Noctua NH-D15, I know there fans are good but tan and brown are not the best of color choices for the fans.
Yeah that bandaid color scheme is lame AF. I do love their fans tho

Forgive the silly question but I haven't taken mine apart yet. But what is the thick white electronics looking grease? There's not alot of it, but its under my motor mount. Is this from the center diff? Should I look at rebuilding this thing first?
Little bit of locktite leaked out of the motor mount holes at assembly. Nothing to worry about.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back