Kraton Brand new Kraton 4s - only goes left...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jboutcher

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Just got a brand new Kraton 4s and am using factory radio. Put in fully charged 4s battery, took off across the back yard, turned around, came back across, and truck just took a left on its own and the steering stopped responding. It's like it's locked on full left. The steering trim is centered and adjusting it does nothing at all. Turned transmitter and truck off and the wheels go back to straight. Turn transmitter and truck back on, servo kicks left again.
I tried rebinding the transmitter with the truck and thought it was fixed... drove fine for about 20 seconds, then turned left again and stopped responding again. Tried the binding procedure again 2 more times just to make sure, but it still does it. Anybody have any ideas? Getting ready to put it back in the box and send it back if not... :(

Thanks in advance,

James

Just got a brand new Kraton 4s and am using factory radio. Put in fully charged 4s battery, took off across the back yard, turned around, came back across, and truck just took a left on its own and the steering stopped responding. It's like it's locked on full left. The steering trim is centered and adjusting it does nothing at all. Turned transmitter and truck off and the wheels go back to straight. Turn transmitter and truck back on, servo kicks left again.
I tried rebinding the transmitter with the truck and thought it was fixed... drove fine for about 20 seconds, then turned left again and stopped responding again. Tried the binding procedure again 2 more times just to make sure, but it still does it. Anybody have any ideas? Getting ready to put it back in the box and send it back if not... :(

Thanks in advance,

James
My best guess is the servo went to crap already. Pretty much any rtr servo is a crapshoot. Mine lasted 3 days.

Did you check the steering trim dial? If that’s not it, then it’s a bad radio.

Thanks guys... I think this one's going back... I have a feeling there's a short somewhere but since it's brand new, it's getting exchanged. Man the thing rips when you hit trigger though!

Thanks guys... I think this one's going back... I have a feeling there's a short somewhere but since it's brand new, it's getting exchanged. Man the thing rips when you hit trigger though!

Be careful some hobby stores have weird return policies, I've heard a few times where the hobby store would not accept returns once the box was opened.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back