Kraton Brand new Kraton 4s v2 problems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
Figured I might as well make a new thread on this.. Really hoping someone out there can help me figure this out.

This is with a max 8 g2 + TP 4050 with 20t pinion. I've tried changing the esc to a spektrum 150a, a different motor, playing with the slipper, and trying a different rx/tx. I've also tried different batteries. Nothing has worked. It's done this since the moment I first tried to drive it.

Figured I might as well make a new thread on this.. Really hoping someone out there can help me figure this out.

This is with a max 8 g2 + TP 4050 with 20t pinion. I've tried changing the esc to a spektrum 150a, a different motor, playing with the slipper, and trying a different rx/tx. I've also tried different batteries. Nothing has worked. It's done this since the moment I first tried to drive it.
Did you try dropping the pinion down to a 16t or 17t?

Are you talking about what sounds like slipping when going from reverse to forward or the cogging?

Out of curiosity, what happens if you pull the driveshaft and it’s only RWD?

Did you try dropping the pinion down to a 16t or 17t?
I actually did put an 18t on the first motor but I haven't tried it yet. The 2nd motor I tried was my 3770kv which is obviously too high of a kv but it was the easiest for me to try but still nothing changed.
Are you talking about what sounds like slipping when going from reverse to forward or the cogging?

Out of curiosity, what happens if you pull the driveshaft and it’s only RWD?
Everything in that video was wrong haha. The slipping when going from reverse to forward and toward the end of the video where it looks like i'm pressing the throttle over and over but in reality i'm mashing the throttle and the truck sounds like a dying bird before it takes off.

I haven't tried the rwd yet but I will do that next. I've now spent 2 days on this thing just trying everything I could think off and I'm regretting my purchase.

You open the diffs!?
Not yet, I'm going to do that tomorrow. IF I look at that truck again tonight, I'm going to punch a hole in the wall lol.

Have you tried disassembling the slipper making sure all pieces, parts are there (four friction pads) and the thrust bearing is assembled correctly and the races are facing the right direction? If the thrust bearing isn’t assembled correctly and operating smoothly, I remember reading it may cause your slipper to loosen when going in reverse.

Have you tried disassembling the slipper making sure all pieces, parts are there (four friction pads) and the thrust washer is assembled correctly and the races are facing the right direction?
I actually did take the slipper apart. Everything seemed fine to me, I'm not sure what you mean by races though.

This video at 6:17 - make sure the grooves are facing the right direction
Man if I tighten down my slipper that much like in the video I will break them. Have broken 3 that way. That little cup part # ARA310946 breaks for me when I tighten down the screw.

5D181B78-3E0D-46B7-851C-F12309A17ADA.jpeg

Hope you get it figured out soon. I hate slipper clutches.

Man if I tighten down my slipper that much like in the video I will break them. Have broken 3 that way. That little cup part # ARA310946 breaks for me when I tighten down the screw.

View attachment 236760

I think @Moirae has a upgraded slipper.

View attachment 236760

Funny enough that happened to me on my quest to fix my problem 🤣. I was so happy I bought the upgraded one and had it ready to go.

Pretty sure your problem is electrical. Have you tried a 6S Lipo?

Pretty sure your problem is electrical. Have you tried a 6S Lipo?
I did, it felt a little better with a 6s battery but still persisted.

It looks like you are geared way too high, sounds like extreme cogging. what KV do you run in that video?
2100kv which is lower than the stock 2400kv. I don't understand how a 20t pinion is geared too high and is the causes of my cogging. Is it just a 3s/4s arrma thing? something related to the drivetrain? I can put this same motor in a kraton 6s with a 20t pinion and have zero problems.

Smallest pinion I even have is 17t which I'm going to try in the morning. If it really is my 20t pinion I think I finally learned my lesson on these 3s and 4s rigs. That is unacceptable to me so I'd honestly rather have it be something else I can fix lol.

I also just tried changing the ESC and the motor at the same time and nothing changed lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back