Kraton Brand new Kraton 4s v2 problems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K 4S Internal Gear Ratio = 2.85 -- so 2.85 * 57T stock spur / 20t pinion = 8.12 Final Drive Ratio
K 6S Internal Gear Ratio = 4.3 -- so 4.3 * 50T stock spur / 20t pinion = 10.75 Final Drive Ratio

You'll need to put a 15T pinion on your Kraton 4S to make it a 1:1 comparison to your Kraton 6S.

EDIT: Although, tire diameter and weight come into play, and i'm guessing you have larger diameter tires on your 6S -- so maybe not all the way down to 15T... Hard to calculate exactly because of ballooning.

Edit Edit: Sorry, Yonic already did the math here :LOL: ... what i get for posting without refreshing first!

Last edited:
Yea you guys are definitely correct, as much as it pains me to come to this realization lol. I just went down to an 18t and it was definitely an improvement. Still got the weird slipping like action when I get on the throttle after I reverse, though I can live with that tbh. I'm probably going to drop down to a 17t which will most likely completely get rid of the forward cogging going by how it did with the 18t.

Though I must say I'm tempted to just sell the stock electronics and buy the 4278 sensored hobbywing motor that they combo with the esc. I'd buy a sensored TP motor but I don't really feel like waiting 5 weeks for it. This is all good news for the wifey though, she definitely doesn't like the rigs after I overpower them too much. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for all the info and humoring me! love you guys.

It must be much worse than 25t on a 6s rig. I've run pinions larger than that on 6s rigs and have never experienced cogging until I went to the 3s/4s line. The interesting thing though is the fact that even on 6s the kraton 4s was still cogging.

I like to be able to go fast. It's why I overpower all my electronics. If I need a little less umph then I turn down throttle epa or max power. For example, my Kraton 8s is geared for about 75 mph and I bash with that gearing. My slowest 6s rig is my Kraton 6s with max 6 1650 kv combo geared 24/50. Even my Talion geared 25/46 with a tp 4070 2080kv

Most people probably fine with going 50 mph but that is slow to me.
wouldn't be able to control it much over 50 mph where I run

Yea you guys are definitely correct, as much as it pains me to come to this realization lol. I just went down to an 18t and it was definitely an improvement. Still got the weird slipping like action when I get on the throttle after I reverse, though I can live with that tbh. I'm probably going to drop down to a 17t which will most likely completely get rid of the forward cogging going by how it did with the 18t.

Though I must say I'm tempted to just sell the stock electronics and buy the 4278 sensored hobbywing motor that they combo with the esc. I'd buy a sensored TP motor but I don't really feel like waiting 5 weeks for it. This is all good news for the wifey though, she definitely doesn't like the rigs after I overpower them too much. :ROFLMAO:

How much

wouldn't be able to control it much over 50 mph where I run
Thankfully I have a nice wide road right outside my apt that is great for messing around. Not the smoothest road though so I end up having to raise ride height on my onroad rigs. Also have a nice sized parking lot like 2 minutes away that is empty on the weekends. The wifey and I do our drag racing videos there. I'm going to be very sad when we move, very very sad lol.
117$ shipped.

Glad you got it sorted out. I won't even bring up that my first suggestion was drop down to a 17t pinion.

Glad you got it sorted out. I won't even bring up that my first suggestion was drop down to a 17t pinion.
Yea I said many posts ago I would try it the next day but I was posting til like 4 am so I said a lot after that. I really didn't want to believe the Arrma 4s line couldn't handle 70 mph without cogging. Which is why I ended up trying literally everything else before lowering pinion.

I knew like 2 days ago it was a possibility, and I still went through 2 whole days of troubleshooting to avoid the reality that If I had to lower the pinion, I was going to regret my purchase and feel stupid for trying another arrma 3s/4s rig after I already knew I hated the typhon 3s. :ROFLMAO:

Feelsbad but hey, at least I got it for 300$. It could be worse. And a sensored motor is an easy fix. :cool:(y)

Moirae

You have 6s rigs.

Why buy this Plastic toy ?

When did you eat BIG Man Steak Last ?
don't buy these toy plastic beginner cars please.
You are professional Basher. You have already 6s rigs.

Why this poor sad plastic beginner rig ?
Eat more steaks and enjoy the 6s rigs PLEASE

Act like grown up, not like child please.

MAN UP, cancel that 4s plastic poop.
Go back to 6s rigs.
EAT ALOT STEAKS insteath of buy toys that make you sad only

Yea I said many posts ago I would try it the next day but I was posting til like 4 am so I said a lot after that. I really didn't want to believe the Arrma 4s line couldn't handle 70 mph without cogging. Which is why I ended up trying literally everything else before lowering pinion.

I knew like 2 days ago it was a possibility, and I still went through 2 whole days of troubleshooting to avoid the reality that If I had to lower the pinion, I was going to regret my purchase and feel stupid for trying another arrma 3s/4s rig after I already knew I hated the typhon 3s. :ROFLMAO:

Feelsbad but hey, at least I got it for 300$. It could be worse. And a sensored motor is an easy fix. :cool:(y)
Yeah. Learned a long time ago....4s rigs I only use castle sensored systems. MMX 2200kv system is perfect.
Moirae

You have 6s rigs.

Go back to 6s rigs.
Ummmmm. Yeah. Ok.

Moirae

You have 6s rigs.

Go back to 6s rigs.
I love you bruh :ROFLMAO: :eek::ROFLMAO:

I'd be lying if I said I didn't at least feel that way just a tiny bit. I liked the idea of a small light weight, fast truck. It is cute and even with the cogging it was still kind of fun to drive. I actually like the size a lot. This cogging business is for the birds though.

I would have ordered a sensored TP motor for it a month ago if I foresaw this outcome. I'd be loving the truck right now if that were the case. :ROFLMAO:

I love you bruh :ROFLMAO: :eek::ROFLMAO:

I'd be lying if I said I didn't at least feel that way just a tiny bit. I liked the idea of a small light weight, fast truck. It is cute and even with the cogging it was still kind of fun to drive. I actually like the size a lot. This cogging business is for the birds though.

I would have ordered a sensored TP motor for it a month ago if I foresaw this outcome. I'd be loving the truck right now if that were the case. :ROFLMAO:
@hoppe talks just like @rccar4life. lol

Last edited:
jota3.jpg

534fdg.JPG

Life is about nice steaks and best looking 6-8s rigs :)

4frt.jpeg

:)

The drive ratios work out that the "4S" Kraton should go faster with 17T than a 20T on your 6S Kraton. So, expect to see higher than 70mph on a 17T if you have a 6S battery in it.

Slipping when slamming forward after reverse is your slipper clutch -- it's meant to take strain off your drivetrain so you don't grenade it. You can tighten it slightly to reduce the slip, but I wouldn't lock it down. Not that I expect things to end well for it on 6S anyway...

Your 6S rigs have a center diff which helps handling, and reduces strain, such as in hard-forward-after-reverse by sending more power to the front wheels since they have less traction as your truck lurches forward.

The drive ratios work out that the "4S" Kraton should go faster with 17T than a 20T on your 6S Kraton. So, expect to see higher than 70mph on a 17T if you have a 6S battery in it.

Slipping when slamming forward after reverse is your slipper clutch -- it's meant to take strain off your drivetrain so you don't grenade it. You can tighten it slightly to reduce the slip, but I wouldn't lock it down. Not that I expect things to end well for it on 6S anyway...

Your 6S rigs have a center diff which helps handling, and reduces strain, such as in hard-forward-after-reverse by sending more power to the front wheels since they have less traction as your truck lurches forward.
Yea I'm definitely trying to avoid running 6s on it. According to the calculator I should get 63 mph with my current setup on 4s. I'll leave it there and maybe refrain from buying a sensored motor for it lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back