Kraton Brand new Kraton 6S - Servo Unresponsive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwitecki

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have a brand new Kraton 6S, drove it twice. Servo is no longer responsive. I’ve checked everything I can think of, I’ve disconnected the servo from the car to make sure it wasn’t something mechanical. I’ve switched channels on the receiver, it was working fine the first two times I used it, now there is no response. Any ideas?

Had you set your steering endpoints before it went bad? Time for a new servo. DS3235 on Amazon.

Welcome to AF.
I think your servo is bricked. Don't get upset.
Use Arrma's 2 year warranty with valid proof of purchase. They should oblige you. The RTR servos do this from time to time. Mine as well with several of my 6S rigs. We all ultimately use other brand servos. Everyone has their favorites. The stock servo is under powered anyway IMHO. 15KG is not enough for the large Kraton/OC/Not. wheels. Driving mishaps will yield an earlier demise. Not setting Dual rate properly with your radio when new out the box doesn't help matters. Everyone assumes it is set well enough at the factory. NOT. Dual rate prevents the servo from overextending travel and loading and stalling the servo at full left and right travel. Consider another brand servo. Do warranty the Stocker as a backup servo. Good to always have a spare servo. I always do. I currently use Amazon servos as of late. I have tried most of the $70.+ servos. Not worth it IMO. But its your wallet. I feel 25kg-35kg servos have enough torque and speed for all my 6S rigs. The 15Kg stocker servo is just too weak. Using 35kg+ servos really livens up the Steering response, making your rig much more enjoyable. When you install your new servo make sure to set the Dual rate properly. SO very important and always overlooked. That mistake will cost you another servo. See videos and read your Radio manual in this regard. Good luck. :cool:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SBYZ4G5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wow that really sucks, for an extra couple bucks, you’d think they could put a good servo In it. I wasn’t even being hard on it. Can’t believe I blew it after the second run. i’ll get a warranty replacement just for the point of it. Thanks for all the replies. I guess I’m out of business today.

Is this for sure the V4 (and earlier) crap Arrma servo (red housing)? It's a safe assumption because it failed... but if it's the V5 Spektrum servo (black housing), maybe worth going the warranty route.

This is what I replaced it with.

537705ED-B559-4377-9723-482107A50DBD.jpeg

I got the v5 kraton this week. Servo died after first run. Replaced it with a cheapo amazon servo and it works even better than stock.

That's what Im saying. You can warranty the stock servo. But it will last for just a bit. Just don't beat yourself up, just get a stronger servo. doesn't have to be a name brand expensive one. But your call. Just make sure you get at least 25kg or higher. I shoot for 35kg always. For $10-$15 dollars more, 35 kg is spot on for any 6S rig. Sure you can warranty the stocker for a spare backup. Hey its a new rig. HH almost expects those servo warranties. A given. Sure its lame that they are cheap and underpowered, seems like they needed to throw it in there anyway, take the risk and warranty them. Outsourcing is tough in this business. Hard to control QC when its overseas and all. HH agrees to a pricepoint on servos, then you get whatever with QC. The stock servos are ok for smallish on road rigs with small wheels IMO. My sons Infr. still has the original 15kg servo in his. He beats the crap out of it. Strange that it still works since day one. But it is onroad, no jumping and with smaller Hoons wheels. :cool:

Similar issues on my v5, contacted Horizon and they identified as a bad servo and are sending a replacement. That'll be my backup as I upgraded to avoid this in the future.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back