Kraton Brand new Kraton EXB - Bent dog bone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slemps

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hi All,

pulled the trigger on an EXB a while back and it arrived on Friday.

Loving it so far. So much bigger than I thought it was going to be!

I stuck my Typhon electrics in it yesterday and when I tested it out on my bench, I saw one of the dog bones looked a bit bent. Not massively but when I hit the throttle I could see a fair bit of wobble on one of them.

Took it out for a quick spin today and the wheel wobbles slightly.

What would you guys do? Pretty new to RC. Am I going to damage anything more if I continue to run it? Is it worth trying to straighten it or just buy a new one? Or is it worth claiming on warranty? If so, is that going to leave me for weeks without a car?

Just Call HH. They usually only want a picture and receipt. They rarely want parts back. Sometime electrics, if that, from my experience. Still rare.
They warranty a lot of defects, that they would be inundated with returned parts, it is just cost prohibitive for them as a business to handle shipped broken part returns, if everyone had to send everything back.
Then just drive it as is if you want until you get the new one. I have gotten bent Bones and many other defects out the box before. Many guys/gals have. ?‍♂️ You have a 2 year warranty.

I'd call or send an email to HH, I setup an account and bought my EXB on their website. Made it easy for warranty claim I think.

Had a stripped screw on the upper hinge pin block. They asked for pics and will be sending me a new part......once it's in stock ?

I'm impressed with their customer service ??

I dunno - the wheel rides on an axle stub supported by bearings - to me a wobbling wheel would indicate an imbalance within the wheel itself. Can you swap the wheel with one that isn’t wobbling onto that axle and see if the wobble follows that wheel or stays with that axle? That would give you an indication of the cause.

^^^Just mark the wheel hub with a Silver marker Sharpie pen or even paint, and you will observe rubbing at the hub if it exists. The sliver mark will show any rubbing. Do this to all 4 wheels. Or you will be chasing a ghost. The results will be definitive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back