Kraton Brand new kraton v4 motor sounds kinda struggling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hello guys, ive brought a brand new kraton 2019, and when I drive, the motor sounds like it has to push ekstra for it to drive, so It kinda get a higher pitch sound and when I let go of the Gass it still has a high pitch electrical sound. It's a little difficult to explain. I set the gear mesh a little bit further apart, that did help a little tho, but it's still there. Has anyone any idea what it could be? Thank you so much✌️

Hello guys, ive brought a brand new kraton 2019, and when I drive, the motor sounds like it has to push ekstra for it to drive, so It kinda get a higher pitch sound and when I let go of the Gass it still has a high pitch electrical sound. It's a little difficult to explain. I set the gear mesh a little bit further apart, that did help a little tho, but it's still there. Has anyone any idea what it could be? Thank you so much✌
You'll need to record this for anyone to really understand what you are speaking of. Could be normal, could be something serious.

How does the chassis roll and is there any play in the motor shaft?

You'll need to record this for anyone to really understand what you are speaking of. Could be normal, could be something serious.

Thank you for fast respond. I have trouble sharing my file so I've uploaded it to YouTube :)
How does the chassis roll and is there any play in the motor shaft?

hmm this is my only car, so I don't have much to compare it to, but it feels like It may not be rolling that smoothly actually. if I run the motor without connection it to the vehicle it doesn't sound like anything Is wrong

Last edited:
Thank you for fast respond. I have trouble sharing my file so I've uploaded it to YouTube :)

hmm this is my only car, so I don't have much to compare it to, but it feels like It may not be rolling that smoothly actually. if I run the motor without connection it to the vehicle it doesn't sound like anything Is wrong
That sounds absolutely normal to me. You might want to adjust your brake settings through your esc, if you feel that there is more resistance than you like, when releasing the throttle. I think you should leave it at the factory default, until you get used to the power and feel of the truck.

That sounds normal here as well. I agree it does sound a bit rough, but it's normal.

Edit: @bicketybam knows more about this than I do so if he's hearing something that sounds off then I'd definitely check look into his suggestion(s).

Sounds normal but there towards the end of sample video when he hits throttle I think I heard the "crackle" of a slightly loose mesh. Everything else sounds like the normal whine of an electric motor with an esc fan.

That sounds normal here as well. I agree it does sound a bit rough, but it's normal.

Edit: @bicketybam knows more about this than I do so if he's hearing something that sounds off then I'd definitely check look into his suggestion(s).
It's sounds too rattlely to me.

Yeah, make sure to set gear mesh appropriately. I always use the notebook paper trick where you put a thin piece between the spur and pinion gears and push them together. You're looking for just a little bit of play between the spur and pinion or else you'll risk stripping them. There are plenty of videos if you google "how to set gear mesh."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back