Infraction BRAND NEW OUT OF THE BOX.... WHAT'S NEXT?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonesy67

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
My very first Arrma is now in my possession, what is next? This is my second RC ever and my first "speed" car. First one was a crawler. I have been reading and watching reviews and was wondering what some of you do out of the box? I am going to adjust the brake strength to 50% and other then cosmetic I heard it is a good idea to put better droop screws in the truck. Does anyone have any suggestions for a new basher of small things to make the car better?
Cheers

As mentioned above double check that the diffs are filled up. (some times they are under filled)

Buy a set of MIP hex wrenches. Arrma RCs have a ton of red-locktite on and screws going into metal. It is well worth the cost of these tools. Probably only need the 2.0 and 2.5mm

Read up on proper storage of LiPos if you have not already. They can catch your house on fire if not cared for properly.

MIP Hex bits on order, I will have to read about assembly and disassembly and will need to get the fluid for the diffs. I think it is 1M weight? I didn't know that the break strength went to 100%. I only saw 25, 37.5 and 50%

v2, I don't want to talk about what color it is. I love the body design but can not stand the graphics.
What needs to be shimmed?

The Firma 150 ESC in the V2 does go up to 100% brake strength. (The BLX185 in the V1 only goes up to 50%)

Firma150.jpg

v2, I don't want to talk about what color it is. I love the body design but can not stand the graphics.
What needs to be shimmed?
How come you did not get the Felony then?
As mentioned above double check that the diffs are filled up. (some times they are under filled)

Buy a set of MIP hex wrenches. Arrma RCs have a ton of red-locktite on and screws going into metal. It is well worth the cost of these tools. Probably only need the 2.0 and 2.5mm

Read up on proper storage of LiPos if you have not already. They can catch your house on fire if not cared for properly.
what is your pfp?

How come you did not get the Felony then?

what is your pfp?
Redneck at heart, that's why I went pickup. I did get the Felony blower kit to mod onto the infraction. Sorry but what is pfp? Do I need to have a membership to post pictures?

Last edited:
You mentioned getting better droop screws. Yea droop is key on these speed runners. I use Avid titanium droops with smooth round heads. Your chassis will thank you. The stock grub screw type droops that Arrma uses are horrible. They just gouge the chassis at the droop ears. Then droop gets altered as it it wears into the chassis. Arrma does make optional smooth head steel droop screws though. But the heads are still hexed where they touch the chassis. I use both types on my rigs. But my Lim. and MT410 get the Avids.:cool:

I'm running with stock for a bit, I heard they dig in. I need my bits, fluids and the new droop screws. Im gonna change them when i pull the diffs apart for first service.

My very first Arrma is now in my possession, what is next? This is my second RC ever and my first "speed" car. First one was a crawler. I have been reading and watching reviews and was wondering what some of you do out of the box? I am going to adjust the brake strength to 50% and other then cosmetic I heard it is a good idea to put better droop screws in the truck. Does anyone have any suggestions for a new basher of small things to make the car better?
Cheers
I added a GAME CHANGER FAN to help w/ my temps on my v2 Infraction..

TOPLESS INFRACTION .jpeg

Last edited:
Is that the new maximum? I want to add a fan. Doesn't look like you needed to change anything.

Is that the new maximum? I want to add a fan. Doesn't look like you needed to change anything.
Don’t waste your money on a game changer fan
They’re fans are not powerful
Watch this and if you’re looking for a fan I’ll show you where to buy a fan for 20$ That smoked 3 game changers

Watch this

You mentioned getting better droop screws. Yea droop is key on these speed runners. I use Avid titanium droops with smooth round heads. Your chassis will thank you. The stock grub screw type droops that Arrma uses are horrible. They just gouge the chassis at the droop ears. Then droop gets altered as it it wears into the chassis. Arrma does make optional smooth head steel droop screws though. But the heads are still hexed where they touch the chassis. I use both types on my rigs. But my Lim. and MT410 get the Avids.:cool:

I was not aware of this....so the Avid titanium droops still work well over the existing area even if they were eaten in?

I just started adjusting mine on the Infraction and Felony

Back