Senton Brand new Senton 3S V3 seems to be overheating out of the box?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Typhon 3s
Fresh out of the box the truck ran for less than 10 minutes and then only had steering, no throttle/reverse. The fans were still running also. Driving on mostly dirt and some short grass, with a 2S battery and the radio was only on 75% power. Turned it off for a couple minutes and then it ran again for a few minutes before doing it again. Tried two different brand new 2S batteries and had the same issues.
Is it overheating or a different issue?

Fresh out of the box the truck ran for less than 10 minutes and then only had steering, no throttle/reverse. The fans were still running also. Driving on mostly dirt and some short grass, with a 2S battery and the radio was only on 75% power. Turned it off for a couple minutes and then it ran again for a few minutes before doing it again. Tried two different brand new 2S batteries and had the same issues.
Is it overheating or a different issue?
What voltage were the Lipos at when it cut the power off?

Open the drive unit. Check if the pinion and spur are too tight. Use a piece of paper to get the right distance.
If that does not work check the bearings of each wheel and if each wheel turns properly. Had to file down one hex hub on my Mojave as it was not turning properly.

What voltage were the Lipos at when it cut the power off?
I didn't check and honestly wouldn't know how to. I thought the battery just died when it happened the first time, so I swapped it out for another one and it did it again with a different battery. I ran the first battery in my Typhon after it stopped in the Senton, and it ran fine for another 10 minutes until it was actually drained.

I didn't check and honestly wouldn't know how to. I thought the battery just died when it happened the first time, so I swapped it out for another one and it did it again with a different battery. I ran the first battery in my Typhon after it stopped in the Senton, and it ran fine for another 10 minutes until it was actually drained.
Does your Lipo charger not show you the voltage? Anyways that is definitely strange, what kind of terrain are you running on and at what speeds?

My Senton showed similar symptoms before just refusing to drive at all (still had steering). Ended up being the esc. Mine was covered under warranty

Does your Lipo charger not show you the voltage? Anyways that is definitely strange, what kind of terrain are you running on and at what speeds?
I am sure it does, I will just have to read the manual on how to check. Running on a short track we are building that is mostly dirt and short grass. Running wide open for short bursts on the straights and obviously slowing around the turns (which are tight). Throttle limiter was set to 75 on the SLT3 radio.

I am sure it does, I will just have to read the manual on how to check. Running on a short track we are building that is mostly dirt and short grass. Running wide open for short bursts on the straights and obviously slowing around the turns (which are tight). Throttle limiter was set to 75 on the SLT3 radio.
What capacity are your batteries btw? At 75 it should last about 25-40 minutes on a 5000mah

5200mAh 35C and 6200mAh 70C, not 60C like I originally thought.
You should be getting at least 20 minutes with those. Maybe check the drivetrain with the motor out if it rolls freely and doesn't create much friction?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back