Senton Brand new Senton, I have some concerns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. The little hole in the floor pan by the steering servo is the PERFECT size for acorns to get jammed. So annoying! I need to tape mine up too. But by and large, this thing is AMAZING.

Ran in gravel today and had to turn the car over every minute because it would steer in only one direction due to a little stone.
Do you have the V3? it was supposed to be better in the V3

After 7 minutes one rear wheel flew of. The 7mm nut was still in place with a piece of an axle. I'll have to figure out what that's all about
It's a common issue, easy to fix, you need to screw the driveshaft back to the axle. But when you do use loctite as you're screwing into metal.
Also probably worth all 4 corners with loctite to fix this once and for all.

Note to let the loctite set overnight.

Do you have the V3? it was supposed to be better in the V3

It's a common issue, easy to fix, you need to screw the driveshaft back to the axle. But when you do use loctite as you're screwing into metal.
Also probably worth all 4 corners with loctite to fix this once and for all.

Note to let the loctite set overnight.

Only use blue loctite or similar strength, you don't have to let sit over night as locitite is anaerobic and starts to cure in the absence of air. Just make sure the threads of the screw and the axle it retains are clean of grease or other debris.

But real cars also have toe-in in the rear.

It's actually aids in straight line, for turns you'de better be without it. it also takes the slop out.

As for the fronts, toe-in balances the car to center, and tow-out to get off center, that's why the fronts is set with toe-out, to aid in turns. If you prefer driving in straight lines then set the front for toe-in as well like the rears. Neutral is not very good as there's no force on the wheels and then the slop is making the car is unpredictable.

That is wrong, real car should NEVER have Toe-in or Toe-out ! Camber, yes, Toe, never! The caster component when you calculate suspension angles, combined with the compression of the suspension when turning creates the needed TEMPORARY (or dynamic) Toe-in/out to help stabilise the car...

Having Toe-in or out on a real car is dangerous!

It might make sense on RC cars to compensate for play between steering and suspension parts though... I can't tell

Ran in gravel today and had to turn the car over every minute because it would steer in only one direction due to a little stone.

After 7 minutes one rear wheel flew of. The 7mm nut was still in place with a piece of an axle. I'll have to figure out what that's all about
The screw holding the axle came undone. If you are lucky, it will still be in the back of the drive shaft. If you are very lucky, you won't have lost the bearing off the axle.

The screw holding the axle came undone. If you are lucky, it will still be in the back of the drive shaft. If you are very lucky, you won't have lost the bearing off the axle.
Yep, bolt and bearing still in there! Went ahead and checked all. Man these things are loose

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back