BRAND NEW to the RC world. HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt1322

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Bought my first Truck today. I went with the Arrma Senton 3s BLX I also purchased a spektrum battery and charger. However, when I got home charged her up, and went to plug her in I realized I clearly need an adaptor Of sorts. I purchased (what I think I need) which was a (EC5 to an XT-90)

can anyone help! Lol is that what I need? Needless to say I was upset when I realized.
695C09FE-9E96-46AC-B44B-DF813462D901.jpeg
29383102-E4BA-4642-A7FA-0F14FCC7CFCE.jpeg

900A67E6-008E-47F8-93CA-E2DC7F8F43F3.jpeg

3BF06E18-4A1B-4E9A-9B3C-C04093B3E599.png

Bought my first Truck today. I went with the Arrma Senton 3s BLX I also purchased a spektrum battery and charger. However, when I got home charged her up, and went to plug her in I realized I clearly need an adaptor Of sorts. I purchased (what I think I need) which was a (EC5 to an XT-90)

can anyone help! Lol is that what I need? Needless to say I was upset when I realized.View attachment 106043View attachment 106044

View attachment 106045

View attachment 106046

I have the Spektrum S2100 charger and all EC5 batteries....for the charger which has an EC3 connection on the charger I needed the EC3 to EC5 to connect the batteries to the charger.

Something like this:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/spektr...wN3haGYkJSfJcNFD4F0OqW0kxuSPR7NhoCcswQAvD_BwE

After closer inspection. My battery wire says IC3 and the car connection says IC5
8B91C869-0D1E-488D-9E86-2CC805A40FCC.jpeg

1F10F1CA-E946-419B-8D7F-9DD1677A088B.jpeg

3349E428-DCCE-4B06-AE7E-9DA21105568F.jpeg

Is there a plus to doing that VS just getting an adaptor?
Yes but you want the correct plug. Adapters fall off mid run and run the fun. They also waste power by creating heat. Either solder on the correct plug or exchange it.

I have the Spektrum S2100 charger and all EC5 batteries....for the charger which has an EC3 connection on the charger I needed the EC3 to EC5 to connect the batteries to the charger.

Something like this:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/spektr...wN3haGYkJSfJcNFD4F0OqW0kxuSPR7NhoCcswQAvD_BwE

so I am being told that the adaptors are not good for the car. And I should exchange for the correct battery. Have you had any negative experience? I hear these Spektrum batteries are good batteries

so I am being told that the adaptors are not good for the car. And I should exchange for the correct battery. Have you had any negative experience? I hear these Spektrum batteries are good batteries
They make the same pack with IC5 ends.

OK...so the charger is the smaller IC3/EC3 input that is built in...cannot change that. The 3S batteries we/I need for my Infraction, BR, Felony, Granite BLX all need EC5/IC5 battery. I have the Spektrum 3S 5000 batteries which are IC3/EC5.

#1 I cannot get the S2100 charger with IC5 connection it comes as IC3 port so it will work with more batteries. #2 My RCs are IC5 and the batteries match I will not change either.

There is no issue using the adapter and Spektrum knows and aware you will need the adapter

Finally...see that Horizon Hobby who owns this and their Horizon tech tells you the adapter is needed. In this case for charging it is needed and safe. I have NEVER had an issue. You do not want to use adapters with the RC it is recommended to have the right connection on the rig to the battery pack being used. The S2100 charger the adapter is needed...

Video from Horizon see 30sec in:

OK...so the charger is the smaller IC3/EC3 input that is built in...cannot change that. The 3S batteries we/I need for my Infraction, BR, Felony, Granite BLX all need EC5/IC5 battery. I have the Spektrum 3S 5000 batteries which are IC3/EC5.

#1 I cannot get the S2100 charger with IC5 connection it comes as IC3 port so it will work with more batteries. #2 My RCs are IC5 and the batteries match I will not change either.

There is no issue using the adapter and Spektrum knows and aware you will need the adapter

Finally...see that Horizon Hobby who owns this and their Horizon tech tells you the adapter is needed. In this case for charging it is needed and safe. I have NEVER had an issue. You do not want to use adapters with the RC it is recommended to have the right connection on the rig to the battery pack being used. The S2100 charger the adapter is needed...

Video from Horizon see 30sec in:

min my case my battery is IC3 and my Device is IC5

the port on the charger for the battery, also IC3 sooooo using the adaptor to power the device is ok or no? Lol I’m lost. Needless to see I’m headed to the shop at 10am but all the help I can get here the better. Online looks like chargers take weeks I need this NOW! lmao

Maby that's why that lipo has a IC3, it's a 2 cell, not familiar with Spektrum lipos, maby offered in both plugs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back