Typhon Brand new Typhon not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave.1

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I finally got all of the parts together to power up my new Typon - and it doesn't work :(

I have spoken to the distributor and retailer who suspect the radio gear, so I have taken that out to return to them, but then I swapped in my own
radio gear and get the same problem, so it must be something else.

When I turn the car on, the ESC fan spins up, and after one green flash I get a fast flashing red light. I have tried rebinding both sets of radio gear and resetting the ESC, but neither seems to work.

Anything else I should try?

Is everything plugged into the receiver right? Channel 1 is always steering and channel 2 is always throttle. Also make sure that the leads are plugged in in the right direction, the black wire always goes towards the outside of the receiver.

The flashing red light is what you get when you turn your car on and theres no radio signal ie the radio hasn’t been turned on. So I believe you are not getting a signal to the esc. So all connection inside your receiver box are good? Do you have steering? Two of my 6s arrmas get like this in the winter time for some reason but if I just leave everything on for a few minutes and they just start working...
Edit: slick, you are fast. Sorry to repeat much of what you said...

Two of my 6s arrmas get like this in the winter time for some reason but if I just leave everything on for a few minutes and they just start working...
My senton used to do this, turns out a bad connection in the receiver board was causing it, when it got up to operating temp it fixed itself.

Another thing, one of my arrmas had a pinched wire under the esc mount. It worked fine but when I saw I thought it would have been a long time to figure that out if it hadn’t. I wire was in between one of the little leg thingys and the chassis.

Thanks all. I have swapped back in the original receiver and that now works in that I have got forward throttle and steering. No reverse, but no flashing from the ESC either.

My own receiver (Futaba R304SB) still doesn't work. I have steering with that one, but no throttle in either direction, and the ESC light is still flashing. That might be a fault with the receiver I guess, or some settings on the T4GRS transmitter which is quite complicated.

Thanks again for all of your help.

No reverse sounds like you are n the race mode setting. If it’s the Blx/hobbywing it’s pretty easy to change as per manual. If you have trouble with it let it known and someone will chime in.

No reverse sounds like you are n the race mode setting. If it’s the Blx/hobbywing it’s pretty easy to change as per manual. If you have trouble with it let it known and someone will chime in.

Thanks. I now have reverse! The only problem is that it doesn't engage 20-30% of the time. If I release the throttle and try again it will generally work, but it is a bit annoying that it doesn't always pick up first time.

This is with my Futaba radio gear, so I suspect it is just something that needs adjusting on that.

Thanks. I now have reverse! The only problem is that it doesn't engage 20-30% of the time. If I release the throttle and try again it will generally work, but it is a bit annoying that it doesn't always pick up first time.

This is with my Futaba radio gear, so I suspect it is just something that needs adjusting on that.

When coming off forward throttle the first forward motion on the throttle is brake. Then once stopped fully, and the throttle is in neutral, the next forward push of the throttle will engage reverse.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back