Big Rock BRC + HRB 6000mah 2s Lipos Issue.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the blx line is set to 3.6, every once in a while you'll get one set to 3.8 - I dump them on ebay. I usually set my castles to 3.4, but I set my XLX's to 3.2. The power hungry things can drain batteries fast. 3.7 would barely last 10 mins. I don't worry about lipo dumping since I buy cheap batteries & C rating is a farce of an equation. All lipo batteries have safe charge & discharge lvls they will never go above. Most of my true HW ESCs are set to 3.4. I just had another blx185 go out on me today, the 4 red blinks of death. So now I only have 2 cars still running the stock blx185. I don't know if I'll replace it or not. Dealing with HH is a PITA.

HH charges the 11.99 return shipping. They always have.
My experience with Horizon Hobby has been a very pleasurable experience. I purchased my Traxxas Summit new from them 2 years ago, I ordered the green Summit, invoice said green, label on the box said green, but the truck was red :mad: I contacted Horizon they appoligized and offered me a $50 refund for not getting the correct color body. Twice I had to rma something, filled out the online form and immediately had an rma request form to send in with my faulty parts. Had my new stuff within the next week. The second time I contacted them was about the missing motor wire retainer on my Typhon 3s, they responded to my email a few hours later stating they were sending me out an entire radio box free of charge and I have never been charged shipping.

Well that's 2 saying it don't slow first and me and you saying it does.. :\

Anyone wanna be the tie breaker?

You can get 100 people that say they slow down but that's not going to change the fact that the two I own do not ?

it’s been a few weeks since I shelved the blx100, but I remember it also shutting down for no good reason. Left me sitting there with nothing but steering, much like LVC. I never checked battery voltages after though so I can’t say.

You can get 100 people that say they slow down but that's not going to change the fact that the two I own do not ?
Only my blx185's slow down slightly b4 stopping, most of the time I don't even notice it. Both blx100's in the Granite & Senton simply stops. I haven't got the Typhon to LVC yet.

My BLX 185 was kind of weird, my 2 Floureon 6200mah 40c 2s lipos would slow down then die, my Basher 4000mah 65c 6s brick would just stop, my 2 Zop Power 5200mah 50c 3s slow down then die and my Turnigy HD 5000mah 50c 6s slows down then dies.

My Hobbywing Max10 SCT RTR in my Stampede with the Zop Power 3s lipos just dies, and my Hobbywing 10BL60 sensored just dies with my Turnigy 2200mah 40c 2s lipos.

My new one slows down but only when the battery voltage drops to 6.15V. It will also stop for no good reason about 5 minutes into a pack, but cycling power on the ESC clears that up.

Not normal when it cuts at 3.8V.. And when I swapped batteries to a traxxas it slowed down first, but still cut out at 3.8v …

Its being sent in for warranty they can fix it or send me a new one but 3.8v cut off is far from normal.. The run times were too short compared to when I first got my truck same batteries and my runtimes were 4x and the LVC was 3.2V cuz I made a thread about the LVC not kicking in and my batteries were 3.4 and got told LVC was 3.2 on the brcc..

So yeah dunno how normal it is.. are you checking your batteries to make sure yers ain't cutting out too soon?
Did you ever figure this out? I recently bought an Arrma Granite BLX and it’s cutting the lipos off at 3.8V as well! I’m getting like 5 minutes of runtime off a fully charged 5200 Mah pack which is not near enough. I wish they would give an option to program LVC like some ESC’s do.

Also does not show down. Hard cutoff.

Did you ever figure this out? I recently bought an Arrma Granite BLX and it’s cutting the lipos off at 3.8V as well! I’m getting like 5 minutes of runtime off a fully charged 5200 Mah pack which is not near enough. I wish they would give an option to program LVC like some ESC’s do.

Also does not show down. Hard cutoff.
I have a theory about this but I don't think that you are going to want to hear it.

Well you can’t say that and then not say it! Lol
It's the batteries, they cannot keep up with the amp draw from the motor, the voltage sags below 3.4v under load and kicks on lvc.

Well that's 2 saying it don't slow first and me and you saying it does.. :\

Anyone wanna be the tie breaker?
Both my blx100 escs usually just stop at LVC, however on the odd occasion they will slow first. No idea why.

It's the batteries, they cannot keep up with the amp draw from the motor, the voltage sags below 3.4v under load and kicks on lvc.
I would tend to believe this is true. I just got this RC and it came with these batteries. Goldbat brand. Hard case lipos. They appear in very good condition and not puffy but we all know you get what you pay for with lipos.

So I took my BRCC out this morning ran a bunch of packs thru it, 4 HRB Hard packs 2s 6000... This is where poop gets weird, The car did not go into LVC and slow down first like it does with any other batteries,,,, It just STOPED responding.. So I swapped out batteries and again.. 4 times with HRB Hardcase 6000mah 2s...So I checked volts.. THERE 3.8!!! WHAT THE fiddlestick!?

I put a traxxas in Ran it till LVC kicked in which slowed the car to a crawl then a dead stop which is NORMAL..

What happened with the HRBS is not normal they should have ran down to at least 3.4V or 3.2 I forgot what the cut off was.

Anyway Any idea what the fiddlestick?
I am having same issue. Seems my drive time has gotten less with same battery but my truck slows down big time before it just stops. I imagine I am only getting 5 minutes or less on the battery.

Took same battery out and when the lvc cut on it slowed my truck down and I checked the batteries. Each cell was reading 3.4 volts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back