BRCC Drive Shafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jstone09

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Ive read through the forums and am still at a loss. I have my Big rock built to handle 6s. Complete metal drive train including slipper and metal Differentials with input gears.

My problem is I keep snapping/breaking the driveshafts. Stock CVDs are out the doorz, they can't handle the power or the way I bash. So I upgraded to the ARRMA AR310870 mega CVD slider set. I can attest, they do indeed hold the power beautifully. The problem is, there a hair to short. I am running rpm Typhon/BRCC arms, so there a bit longer than the regular arms for say, a Granite. When I install the mega CVD's, they barely connect even a quarter inch into each other. I'm not jumping, but if I hit good bump or do a slight roll, it's very easy for them to pop right off as theres no enough material making contact inside the cvd.

So a anyone have any suggestions? Is there any possibility I can use the upgraded CVD slider set from the 4S line
No.
ARRMA - ARAC3954?

I'm already running 17mm hexes. And I'm not opposed to modding anything to make them work. What do you guys think?

Hello all,

Ive read through the forums and am still at a loss. I have my Big rock built to handle 6s. Complete metal drive train including slipper and metal Differentials with input gears.

My problem is I keep snapping/breaking the driveshafts. Stock CVDs are out the doorz, they can't handle the power or the way I bash. So I upgraded to the ARRMA AR310870 mega CVD slider set. I can attest, they do indeed hold the power beautifully. The problem is, there a hair to short. I am running rpm Typhon/BRCC arms, so there a bit longer than the regular arms for say, a Granite. When I install the mega CVD's, they barely connect even a quarter inch into each other. I'm not jumping, but if I hit good bump or do a slight roll, it's very easy for them to pop right off as theres no enough material making contact inside the cvd.

So a anyone have any suggestions? Is there any possibility I can use the upgraded CVD slider set from the 4S line
No.
ARRMA - ARAC3954?

I'm already running 17mm hexes. And I'm not opposed to modding anything to make them work. What do you guys think?

Yes, you can use the new 4S v2 CVDs.
There's an thread on modding them (trimming a bit off the outer half) to make them work on the 3S line. I'll have to look to see where that thread is..
But, you can definitely use them.

Yes, you can use the new 4S v2 CVDs.
There's an thread on modding them (trimming a bit off the outer half) to make them work on the 3S line. I'll have to look to see where that thread is..
But, you can definitely use them.
That's awesome to hear. I tried searching for the thread you mention but could not find it. This whole truck is modded from the ground up so if these will work and hold the power I'm all for it!

Last question, are they as durable as the 45 dollar mega CVD sliders?

Drives me banana's they didn't add maybe a quarter inch to these to actually solidify there claim of fitting on all the 3s models.

Thanks for the input!

That's awesome to hear. I tried searching for the thread you mention but could not find it. This whole truck is modded from the ground up so if these will work and hold the power I'm all for it!

Last question, are they as durable as the 45 dollar mega CVD sliders?

Drives me banana's they didn't add maybe a quarter inch to these to actually solidify there claim of fitting on all the 3s models.

Thanks for the input!

I tried looking for that thread late last night.. No luck neither..

If I remember.. it was nested in with a LONG thread on Kraton 4S v2 or could be the Outcast version.. something regarding making them fit in the v1 arms... So it's yeah. I should have made a note on that.. ,but I didn't.

Nice!
I believe that is the thread!!

Thank you for re-Finding it!

Last edited:
Hello all,

No.
ARRMA - ARAC3954?

I was running CVDs on the rear only with my longer armed vehicles. Even on 3s power eventually the axle would break close to the pin hole. Had four do so, each one lasted maybe 25 packs or so. I put heavier differential fluid in the front and ran stock there. Never had issues with them.

I have no idea what can handle 6s power. Kind of like shoving a 440 magnum in a pinto. Hope you find a solution.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back