Big Rock BRCC Motor suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverado86

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Voltage
Okay here's the story I upgraded to 20t pinion on my brcc from the stock 15t for about a week now and was running pretty good still has enough punch to do wheelies and even does good off road but will occasionally hit thermal if you're going all out but today I attempted to do some on road top speed runs did a few before I lost my GPS which luckily was a old cheap Android phone that i didn't need best I got was 58 mph but felt like it definitely could have hit 60 or slightly over anyways stupid me thought the battery died so I ran another pack through it not realizing it had hit thermal and ran it again till I heard the noise of death it actually bent my motor mount plate spur gear is all chewed up and the bearing in the motor is gone anyways wondering if anyone knew they decent or similar motor to drop in not really looking to change the ESC don't want to spend that kind of money right now so far I found an eBay seller selling brand new blx take off RTR motors for $35 plus shipping which seems like a steel seeing how arrma suggested retail price is $89 or so was thinking about this hobby star 3660 3300 KV motor any input guys?

Attachments

• 20190207_144905.jpg
    20190207_144905.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Screenshot_20190207-150703_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190207-150703_eBay.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_20190207-150653_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190207-150653_eBay.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 72
Holy run on sentence, Batman!

If you really want speed, look for a 3670 or 3674 motor. The longer can will run cooler. But, most of those will be lower kv. The Goolrc/racerstar motors are decent quality, but I'd buy from a good vendor rather than ebay.

Grammar police! Sorry I was using talk to text on my phone too lazy to type anyways I would just get a stock motor but now that i need a motor mount plate I wanted the adjustable one from hot racing but its been out of stock for awhile :( , its kinda dumb the stock arrma motor mount only has 13 15 20 and 26t mounts I think a 17t pinion would be the sweet spot , i had just gotten in the hot racing 26t pinion too but obviously wasnt able to test it lol

Thanks for the suggestion just ordered the hobby star 3670 3050kv motor I will report back with how it runs and will probably try out the hot racing 26t pinion I have as well

How much added strain would the esc sustain with a 3670? Would a different esc be necessary or would the lower kv offset any possible issues?

Simple math, power (watts) = volts × amps. if you want more power, at the same voltage, you need more amps. The bigger motor can handle the extra amps without extra heat. The stock ESC can barely handle the stock power, more amps will (imho) kill it.

The 3670 3050kv has Max Amps of 89 and rated for 5S obviously only going to be running 3s on it so I would imagine the stock ESC will be fine maybe run cooler

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190211-111956_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190211-111956_Chrome.jpg
    519.6 KB · Views: 54
The 3670 3050kv has Max Amps of 89 and rated for 5S obviously only going to be running 3s on it so I would imagine the stock ESC will be fine maybe run cooler
Max amps does not change as the voltage changes. If a motor draws 90a, it will draw that same amps at lower volts as higher. This is why more volts gives more power. Amp × volts = watts/power.

I'm just trying to justify picking up a max 10 sct and throwing this in the granite... Some serious money into a $300 car though.

I'm just trying to justify picking up a max 10 sct and throwing this in the granite... Some serious money into a $300 car though.

If your going to spend the money and have the funds to get a larger esc than needed I would do it. A larger esc now (say 60a vs 120a) can mean a larger motor (if you see yourself possibly doing that) can be ran later. One less thing to worry about. I am not talking about buying a MAX6.

The BLX100 can be had for under $45 but seems like it has issues in one form or another.

The BLX100 is junk and it will be dead sooner then later.

I wouldn't put one in my truck and when I get my ESC back from warrenty im selling the pos.

What are you going to replace it with?

What are you going to replace it with?

atm I have my blx 185 and motor in my brcc the ESC is a tad big so I hada zip tie it down, but the motor fit fine :D So i'm prolly just going to leave that in, I thought about buying another esc and motor better suited but im happy with whats in there now, and in my noto I put my MM2/2250KV combo.

@Silverado86 are you going to try the stock esc? I'm not in a hurry to do any swaps here, so if you are keep me posted as to how it works out for you.

The MAX10SCT 120a should run that motor no problem. I feel The BLX100 is closer to the standard 60a version of the max10.

I'm thinking about picking up the motor out of the jlb j3 speed it's a 3200 kv 3670 . Same kv as stock but would it have more low end torque or how do you think would compare to stock motor.

I'm sure it'll be more snappy, but I don't know how much. I don't have enough experience with this to have seen the difference. I'm sure it would be fun though!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back