Big Rock Brcc overheat on 3s.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bbock

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Recently bought. A brcc and whenI'm out parking lot running on 3s I keep getting what I think is a thermal shutdown. Truck either slows to about 25% speed or just shut down completely. When I touch the motor it seems warm but not hot. Ambient temp is 33 if that helps.

No mods. Brand new Truck.
Awanfi 3s 5000mah 60c batteries and Zeee 3s 5200mah 50c.

Slow red blinking light

Got it.

Slow red flash is LVC (low voltage cutoff). Usually after you hit “limp mode” (when it suddenly slows down and you can’t full throttle), try not to drive it too far unless you’re driving it back to you. If you drive in limp mode for a bit it will hard stop. LVC and limp mode are there to protect your LiPo from discharging to dangerous low voltage.

If you’re bashing hard or doing full speed, hard acceleration runs in the parking lot, the battery may be sagging below the LVC cutoff (3.6v) and triggering limp mode.

Those batteries are more or less decent and well-reviewed, so unless you’re hitting LVC within a couple minutes you’re probably fine.

Anything else weird or any other questions give us a holler. Bash on.

Recently bought. A brcc and whenI'm out parking lot running on 3s I keep getting what I think is a thermal shutdown. Truck either slows to about 25% speed or just shut down completely. When I touch the motor it seems warm but not hot. Ambient temp is 33 if that helps.
I get about 10 minutes on a charge if I'm open field speed running and 20-25 if I'm doing slow speed bashing and jumping

What are the cell voltages of your lipos? You are going into limp mode. Either you have a low cell, a bad capacitor, connector, or faulty ESC.

Last one I pulled off was measured at 3.9v

I'd have to double check. But very close. They we're balance charged before heading out

I'd have to double check. But very close. They we're balance charged before heading out
Last night I was using my BR .ran it around on my street for a bit to warm up the tires did my usual 7or 8 speed passes and then a little while after same thing happened to me just suddenly stopped .checked my motor and esc and all was just warm .then checked my lipo and each cell was at 3.8 so that's strange because I've ran it tons of times to the point where each cell was at 3.3 and didn't have this issue.it was a warm night at 75 degrees but like I mentioned nothing was hot.and I can't even full throttle my speed runs because I don't have a long enough road to hit it so not sure why it did it but after 15minutes with everything shut off I turned it back on and ran great again.i do use a voltage alarm meter on my balance plug on the lipo so I'm not worried about it dropping below 3.2.i also know there is no lipo voltage cutt off adjustment so some one mentioned limp mode..well my BR has no limp mode .I never noticed a drop in speed the whole time ..maybey I'm confused on what limp mode is ..if I'm wrong feel free to correct me

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back