Big Rock BRCC to Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You want top to bottom every single Typhon part? It’s going to be a long list.
I wasn’t thinking it would be too many parts...body, wing, tires, bumpers. I already have the arms. Of course it always seems simpler in my head lol. What am I missing?
Damnnnn bucko that’s a grip, I’d say jus look up typhon 6s exploded view get all parts number, cuz that’s a boat load of part #’s thats some serious homework chief.
3s

Turnbuckles, arms, axles, hexes, pins, nuts, wing, wing mount, body posts, bumpers, body, wheels, tires, etc... lots of changes. Add all that up and your probably close to the cost of a new one and for sure at least the cost of a used one.

I'm doing this conversion myself.

Since I can't look at the BRCC as a proper 4x4 I'm going to use it as a buggy. The Typhon body looks like nothing in the 1:1 world so I'm just going to have fun being a bit silly with the paint job.

I've got an unpainted 3s body, wing and mount, front body mounts, arms and turnbuckles. I think that's about it?

I'm not certain about making the rear body mounts from the BRCC work with the Typhon body but since it's unpainted/uncut I think I can make it work.

you doing all this work to make a stock 3s typhon and all stock parts or upgraded parts?
I’d do 6s for sure he’ll you want a project make that thing 8s go all in on that not stock 3s parts list
The 6S and 3S Typhon have almost zero parts in common and are completely different platforms.

I’m aware of that part, So a 3s typhon can’t be turned into a 6s typhon? he only has a few parts he listed I’m just saying go all in instead of making a 3s line. That would be cool project instead of buying parts to stay stock
Typhon m2c chassis he good

I’m aware of that part, So a 3s typhon can’t be turned into a 6s typhon? he only has a few parts he listed I’m just saying go all in instead of making a 3s line. That would be cool project instead of buying parts to stay stock

I'm just doing an arm and body swap.
It'll stay a 3s BLX vehicle.
you doing all this work to make a stock 3s typhon and all stock parts or upgraded parts?
I’d do 6s for sure he’ll you want a project make that thing 8s go all in on that not stock 3s parts list

I think this is a great idea, kingloe619.

You should do it. You should totally make a 8s typhon.

Last edited:
For a little over $70 from Jennys rc I can convert to Typhon and put 14mm buggy tires on it or convert to 12mm hexes. I’ll need shocks but they already need replaced since the stock ones leak almost as fast as I fill them

Attachments

• E7F10CF9-E046-4D65-B0CE-334D6E96BFDC.png
    E7F10CF9-E046-4D65-B0CE-334D6E96BFDC.png
    614.4 KB · Views: 64
  • E63EE648-57C9-4EAF-AF54-725204773B5A.png
    E63EE648-57C9-4EAF-AF54-725204773B5A.png
    420.2 KB · Views: 60
  • E76EA0BD-BBC4-4E6E-BC43-253400D1B348.png
    E76EA0BD-BBC4-4E6E-BC43-253400D1B348.png
    724.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 517A88CA-853C-4C32-8A52-17D9995100CA.png
    517A88CA-853C-4C32-8A52-17D9995100CA.png
    744.3 KB · Views: 66
just curious, have you done this ?
i have a big rock 2020 and lookling at the exploded vieuw is see that most parts are the same as is the shassis tot the new typhon v3 model... i think i'm going to change it to a typhon as i canb alwys go back...
For a little over $70 from Jennys rc I can convert to Typhon and put 14mm buggy tires on it or convert to 12mm hexes. I’ll need shocks but they already need replaced since the stock ones leak almost as fast as I fill them

I'm doing this conversion myself.

Since I can't look at the BRCC as a proper 4x4 I'm going to use it as a buggy. The Typhon body looks like nothing in the 1:1 world so I'm just going to have fun being a bit silly with the paint job.

I've got an unpainted 3s body, wing and mount, front body mounts, arms and turnbuckles. I think that's about it?

I'm not certain about making the rear body mounts from the BRCC work with the Typhon body but since it's unpainted/uncut I think I can make it work.
Buy the posts and rear body mounts for sure. The rear body mounts on the brcc not gonna work well.
You can get typhon wheel axles and 17mm hexes and nuts. You might need pins too but you could get hot racing 14 to 17mm adapters with 10mm offset! Highly recommend.

I started with a Typhon and went the other way and now have a BRCC. I think @Cjones85 has the right idea and the basic list of parts from JennysRC.

just did a little count with the parts from my local store, well i'm at around 200€ and this is with own nuts and bolts, not the expensive arrma ones... so i'm just going to buy another one i recon...

You are a wise man.
Seriously. We have trucks that are completely changed now because of upgrades and breakage and it's awesome but we would have a damn fleet if we had been a little more forward looking.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back