Big Rock BRCC wheel nuts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsonfancy

A guy that won't give up easily.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
Playin around with deez nuts to see what I like. I had the HR red ones on previously and checking the look of the Mad Max JBIRC style vs some matching blue ones I got cheap at ebay.
The Mad Max style were purchased for the Noto but decided to check em on the BRCC.
I'll prolly keep the blue ones on this truck, move the red ones to the Talion and maintain the Mad Max for the Noto.
I know it's small stuff but only had a few minutes in the shop tonight before dinner.
New shocks for BRCC is next with 50wt oil as soon as I get some time to unwind. Stock shocks finally leaking like a sieve as expected.
I bought THESE

crimsonfancy :
How did those Shock's work out - Fit & Any trouble mounting them? ?
Shocks installed nicely. No issue besides having to use the standard fuel line on the top / shock tower to manage the play in the space. I'm somewhat concerned about the rod ends because they're slow-boat style cost and quality but that could be an issue down the road to deal with and I have some spares for options to try if it happens.
I have not run the truck though since the install because I broke most of the hub pins changing bearings and doing the HR C-Hubs. With no LHS, I have to wait until Wednesday for some new ones to arrive unless I get anxious and rob another truck before they get here....which may happen tomorrow. If I extend my 6s Typhon for 2.8 Truggify tonight or tomorrow I'll probably be preoccupied enough to wait on the BRCC pins.
Either way, I'll report back with my findings on the shocks as soon as I put power to the vehicle but I really think they'll be ok. Won't know about springs or oil until I run it; I used the springs they came with and 50wt TLR pink shock oil. By Wednesday or Thursday I'll have some feedback because I plan to send it as soon as I can get it back together. lol And I want to see how the new 18t pinion responds.

Edit: I do have a LHS an hour away and I know Traxxas pins match so if I rise up early enough I'll maybe go over there and grab a pack. I like letting them know that I buy Arrma vehicles anyway and haven't visited in a while. They have tons of clear body shells they could get me on especially if I can find a Bulldog for the Talion. lol Or even a new clear body for the BRCC...I'd be interested in doing that soon too.

Edit2.0: Just checked shipping and am happy to see that the pins will be here tomorrow according to tracking. BRCC may be getting the send well before Wednesday. lol Hopefully tomorrow and definately Tuesday if Mother Nature is on my side.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back