Outcast Breaking diff gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aiden

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
About 2 weeks ago I broke a couple teeth on my rear diff case. So I order a new one and it took 2weeks to get. I installed it yesterday and ran it up and down the street.it work perfectly fine. Then today I went to drive it and I literally just hit the throttle probably 5% and heard a grinding noise. The input gear broke half of its teeth, and their discontinued on towerhobies and other websites. Why is this happening. And where can I find. A new one
This is the 4s model

The input gear has been discontinued and appears to be completely sold out online. Your best bet is check local hobby stores. I bought a couple yesterday and may buy a couple more tomorrow.

The replacement input gear is supposed to be available in October: ARA311031

The input gear has been discontinued and appears to be completely sold out online. Your best bet is check local hobby stores. I bought a couple yesterday and may buy a couple more tomorrow.

The replacement input gear is supposed to be available in October: ARA311031
Ok thanks

Out of curiosity did you replace both the input (pinion) and crown (ring) gear at the same time? Or did you just install a new crown?

Just a new crown. Should I of replaced both?

Yes absolutely.. the worn pinion, will not mesh correctly with a new ring.. they lap into each other creating a tooth contact pattern that a new gear will never match..

Sorry that happened to you man.. ?

Yes absolutely.. the worn pinion, will not mesh correctly with a new ring.. they lap into each other creating a tooth contact pattern that a new gear will never match..

Sorry that happened to you man.. ?
Ok thanks for the help

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back