Senton Breaking slipper hub on 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senton4x4

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
For the people that run 6s in their mega, are you guys breaking slipper hubs? I put a 6s in mine and broke a slipper hub instantly.

Attachments

• 89487D0C-2110-4806-8B79-CD86C935C2E5.png
    89487D0C-2110-4806-8B79-CD86C935C2E5.png
    520.2 KB · Views: 38
Where is it breaking? At the pin? or is the disk breaking?

The solution may be to back off the slipper pressure. It will be a balance between enough slip to save broken parts, and tight enough to not melt everything in a few seconds.

Edit - Oh, and after my last 4s run, I know I will never go for more power. Plenty of power for me on 4s.

This is what im breaking.
Where is it breaking? At the pin? or is the disk breaking?

The solution may be to back off the slipper pressure. It will be a balance between enough slip to save broken parts, and tight enough to not melt everything in a few seconds.

Edit - Oh, and after my last 4s run, I know I will never go for more power. Plenty of power for me on 4s.
It is breaking where it connects to the input gear and 4s is not fast enough. It feels slow for 4s.

If you want to go 6s, you would be way better off getting a Senton 6s. I really don't think that the Senton 4x4 will be reliable at 6s even with all the upgrades.

Best regards,
Brian

What spur are you running? If you still have that huge 91t stock spur, you won't get any speed. Swap to the Yeti spur, and get a smaller gear.

The gearing I am running is 17/56, is about twice as high as stock That takes some of the torque off the driveline.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back