Kraton Breaking Stuff and Losing Screws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dc_123

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So, I recently bought a Kraton 6s and every single time I have ran it, something breaks. So far:

Snapped a composite ball cup on steering rod

Bent a shock standoff screw

3mm button head screw at the steering plate came out (lost)

3mm button head screw that holds one of the rear tie rods to the shock tower came out (lost that and nut and washer) but luckily found the dogbone

Snapped the wing mount (expected that to happen at some point)

I have crashed it pretty good a few times, cartwheeled it a few times and I don’t know if this is sacrilegious on here haha, but my brother bought a Traxxas Maxx at the same time and it has taken just as much abuse as my Kraton has and hasn’t had one single issue. He keeps telling me to sell it and get a Traxxas but I do love this thing. I just don’t want poop to break every time I use it! I don’t have any problem fixing stuff when it goes wrong, I know it’s bound to happen but what do you guys think? Is this normal for an Arrma? Do I need to go through it and tighten everything up before every run??

And info is very much appreciated!

So, I recently bought a Kraton 6s and every single time I have ran it, something breaks. So far:

3mm button head screw that holds one of the rear tie rods to the shock tower came out (lost that and nut and washer) but luckily found the dogbone

I have crashed it pretty good a few times, cartwheeled it a few times and I don’t know if this is sacrilegious on here haha, but my brother bought a Traxxas Maxx at the same time and it has taken just as much abuse as my Kraton has and hasn’t had one single issue. He keeps telling me to sell it and get a Traxxas but I do love this thing. I just don’t want poop to break every time I use it! I don’t have any problem fixing stuff when it goes wrong, I know it’s bound to happen but what do you guys think? Is this normal for an Arrma? Do I need to go through it and tighten everything up before every run??

Get an rpm wing mount of 3d printed wing mount. I have one from @3d-rc.myshopify.com . Mine has been falling apart but in almost 2 years of abuse its still holding and working . It went trough 2 seasons. Its now going trough its second winter.
The screws are cheap for the stand off better bend that than the shock tower i will say.
You had screws that most likely had no locktite on thats why they fell off. Good thing to regularly check for exessive play. Its my routine to check if no links are loose

Get an rpm wing mount of 3d printed wing mount. I have one from @3d-rc.myshopify.com . Mine has been falling apart but in almost 2 years of abuse its still holding and working . It went trough 2 seasons. Its now going trough its second winter.
The screws are cheap for the stand off better bend that than the shock tower i will say.
You had screws that most likely had no locktite on thats why they fell off. Good thing to regularly check for exessive play. Its my routine to check if no links are loose
Hey, thanks for the info. I will get one of the 3d printed ones when my current stock replacement breaks. And yeah, on the shock standoff screws, I'm looking into getting the upgraded solid EXB ones, but then that just makes me think if those are stronger then the impact is just going to transfer to a more expensive part like a tower or shock and then that will break. And I got some loctite now. I'm going to go through it more often and make sure everything is tight.

Honestly when it comes to rc's and durability it really comes to blind luck I think. I owned a Traxxas Maxx and absolutely gave that thing hell and was an absolute monster of a tank and have nothing bad to say about it. Likewise now that I have a Kraton 6s, its a monster of a tank but for me it just handles much better and easier to sail in the air at 20+ feet (for me anyways lol).

One thing I would recommend (if you are not already doing so) is checking all the screws/nuts/bolts/etc to see that they are nice and tight before every bash session. You won't believe how many times i've had to tighten up things even after 1 run of use. Specially out of the box believe me lol, with my Maxx I purchased it, took it home and charged up the lipos and took it for a rip and within about 20 seconds the tire went flying off. Thats when a buddy told me about checking everything before you use them. Lesson learned.

Upgrade to EXB parts when possible. Or repair the one you have, sell it and use the money for an EXB. Use M2C parts also when you can.

Upgrade to EXB parts when possible. Or repair the one you have, sell it and use the money for an EXB. Use M2C parts also when you can.
I just ordered some upgraded EXB parts on Jennys RC yesterday. And I think I will slowly add some M2C parts as well. Thanks!
Honestly when it comes to rc's and durability it really comes to blind luck I think. I owned a Traxxas Maxx and absolutely gave that thing hell and was an absolute monster of a tank and have nothing bad to say about it. Likewise now that I have a Kraton 6s, its a monster of a tank but for me it just handles much better and easier to sail in the air at 20+ feet (for me anyways lol).

One thing I would recommend (if you are not already doing so) is checking all the screws/nuts/bolts/etc to see that they are nice and tight before every bash session. You won't believe how many times i've had to tighten up things even after 1 run of use. Specially out of the box believe me lol, with my Maxx I purchased it, took it home and charged up the lipos and took it for a rip and within about 20 seconds the tire went flying off. Thats when a buddy told me about checking everything before you use them. Lesson learned.
Yeah I am going to start checking everything for tightness before I run it. Thanks for the info and tip!

Don't sweat it, I had the same issues at first. Slowly with these guys help you will get your Kraton bullet proofed. Jenny's is a good start. While there pick up a back of the screws that go with your Kraton, try some of the EXB stuff. I check my Kraton after every bash session (this has become fun) not before my run, reason being if there is something wrong I wanna know when I'm still home and can fix it. I hate when I get the my session and have to start tinkering at the park. Put blue Loctite on whatever comes loose eventually you will get all the notorious ones, no pun intended.

The EXB standoffs are nicer but weaker so stick with the steel ones
I like the softer Armma wing mount because its more flexible and while it bends easy it softens the blow on the other parts.

The Kraton is my fav, she is just such an animal. Like driving 2000 horsepower monster truck!!!

I just ordered some upgraded EXB parts on Jennys RC yesterday. And I think I will slowly add some M2C parts as well. Thanks!

Yeah I am going to start checking everything for tightness before I run it. Thanks for the info and tip!
Keep m2c stuff at the minimum i will say you don't want to add non necessary weight
Things like diff outdrives, ackrman steering plate are worth it. But thing slike cnc hubs or the fancy hunch pin thing is pointless imo. Makes it harder to work on and when the pin bends or breaks you have to spend more money instead of replacing it with a regular cheap pin

Keep everything that is arms and hubs stock. Upgrade the inside of the truck. Ik it can be a mess to change the front knuckles if they ever break or pop out but i still believe is better than having them in aluminum. Ur going to bend/snap the pivot balls out and the A arm instead. I have 2 bent pivot balls that i should replace and that happened with plastic knuckles.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back