Broke 4 rims today - what should i get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demogorgon

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I was bashing lightly with my Kraton 6s at a local skatepark today and broke 4 rims/ wheels (all cracked near the nut). One rim was a ARAC9466 3.8
and the three others these: ARRMA RC AR510111 MT 3.8.

Outside temperature was 2c / 35F.
I for sure landed a bit crooked a few times but this seems excessive?

What do you recommend for a set of bulletproof 3.8 rims?

07D18900-EDAF-466E-8177-CC41C61FDD78.jpeg

You broke all four?? ? Plastics become pretty brittle when it's that cold out, especially against concrete. If you really were bashing lightly it's possible that they were overtightened. I've no other explanation ?‍♂️ I haven't broken the 4 pairs that I have of these, they've been really hard wearing

You broke all four?? ? Plastics become pretty brittle when it's that cold out, especially against concrete. If you really were bashing lightly it's possible that they were overtightened. I've no other explanation ?‍♂️ I haven't broken the 4 pairs that I have of these, they've been really hard wearing
Yes, and all 4 were in the front ? I have a few torque wrenches that I could use in the future just to be sure of the tightness but I feel quite certain they were not too tight.
Cheapest option I can think of is unmounting your current tires from the wheels and mount them on a set of DE Racing 1/8 truggy wheels https://www.ebay.com/itm/Speedline-...-/362437358684?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292
Thank you - I will have a look at those??

Yes, and all 4 were in the front ? I have a few torque wrenches that I could use in the future just to be sure of the tightness but I feel quite certain they were not too tight.

Thank you - I will have a look at those??
No need for a torque wrench just get them gutentight.

Skate parks are killers for rc.
Yup its so easy to break stuff. My 3s rolled off the edge of one of the jumps fell like 3-4 feet and snapped the front bumper clean off and it wasn't even cold out that day.

I won’t drive in snow anymore as I killed two Surpass escs the last time I drove in snow. The first one was my fault as I ran 3s on a 60 amp. It went up in smoke. The second one was a 120 amp surpass and it must have shorted out running just once in some slush. I since bought a 120 amp hobbywing water proof esc and just don’t want to take a chance. Both my other escs said they were waterproof.

I won’t drive in snow anymore as I killed two Surpass escs the last time I drove in snow. The first one was my fault as I ran 3s on a 60 amp. It went up in smoke. The second one was a 120 amp surpass and it must have shorted out running just once in some slush. I since bought a 120 amp hobbywing water proof esc and just don’t want to take a chance. Both my other escs said they were waterproof.
This sounds like typical Surpass esc problems, they go up in smoke a lot and they are not even splash proof. A guy on Facebook figure out why the escs go up so much, the heatsink doesn't actually make contact with the chips on the esc, it rests on top of solder joints on the circuit board which shorts it out once they rub through the thermal pad.

This sounds like typical Surpass esc problems, they go up in smoke a lot and they are not even splash proof. A guy on Facebook figure out why the escs go up so much, the heatsink doesn't actually make contact with the chips on the esc, it rests on top of solder joints on the circuit board which shorts it out once they rub through the thermal pad.
Ah. That makes sense. I think for mild bashing in dry weather, they’re ok. But anytime you push them to the limits of what they’re supposed to be capable of, they’re not reliable.

I was bashing lightly with my Kraton 6s at a local skatepark today and broke 4 rims/ wheels (all cracked near the nut). One rim was a ARAC9466 3.8

View attachment 117204
They aren’t cheap but you could go with the proline raid wheel with the removable hex adapters. 🤷🏻‍♂️

56CB5916-F921-4CF1-8244-EF07CDF7F276.jpeg

321FEE2E-2F0A-4827-91D8-93CBCDCF10DA.jpeg

C202FC90-9BB7-408D-994B-1F3A2FD85B23.jpeg

View attachment 117204
I feel this pain. I destroyed 3 of 4 brand new felony wheels when I impatiently took my rig for a spin in below freezing temps. The ARRMA plastic doesn't handle the cold temps well, it becomes too brittle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back