Granite Broke a rear axle shaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmack b

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Outcast 4s
  6. Typhon 3s
Somehow pulled the threads out the axle itself. There is a screw that tightens the axles output shaft to the drive hub of the driveshaft. That screw pulled the threads out of the metal axle. Put it back together twice, but it keeps coming out.

Was going to order just the axle #AR310784 for like 10 bucks a pair. But got a whole set of shafts from Jenny's for like $22.
20190106_151852.jpg
20190106_151109.jpg
20190106_151623.jpg

If it’s metal on metal, I’d make sure to motorspray both parts clean and use a little blue loctite.

If it’s metal on metal, I’d make sure to motorspray both parts clean and use a little blue loctite.
I have loctite on it now. I will wait 24 hours and try to run it, but am not confident that it will hold. The screw that holds it together never gets tight, just spins in the axle.

I have loctite on it now. I will wait 24 hours and try to run it, but am not confident that it will hold. The screw that holds it together never gets tight, just spins in the axle.

I meant your replacement axle so that it doesn’t loosen again. If your old one is already stripped, not much you can do.

Well I ordered the replacement axle part, and a whole set of replacement shafts from Jenny's. Hopefully I can get the one I have fixed and have some spares. I also tried to order the hot racing adjustable motor mount for a 18t pinion I have. That sucker was out of stock everywhere I looked.

I also found another post where the same thing happened to another member. I'm thinking a good layer of blue loctite on all these axle screws will prevent this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back