Mojave Broke Mojave on 2nd run (shock end)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

450ER

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
So I break a shock end in my 2nd run and all the sites show them back ordered. Anybody have an alternate part number I can order now?

Attachments

• BD458D99-3C19-46F2-8699-0500E48AE8BD.jpeg
    BD458D99-3C19-46F2-8699-0500E48AE8BD.jpeg
    324.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 5CC037EE-8497-4440-B7C6-DB822BCF50A3.jpeg
    5CC037EE-8497-4440-B7C6-DB822BCF50A3.jpeg
    473.9 KB · Views: 105
I'd probably just start trying stuff and make something work. Can't be specific but I like the Nero end idea or Tekno? I don't have a LHS so would have to guess without being able to have alternatives in-hand. Good luck and hope you'll let us know what ends up working out.

How did the break happen?

It appears that his shock shaft is still ok but the plastic end has broken. I would consider these but cannot be sure.
https://ebay.to/2BnYn8t
You can get a lot of ends that can work, depending on if you wanna do some minor "fitting". Let's see theirs RPM blue traxxas ends, Associated RC8 ends, Mugen MBX8, Tekno 48.3 (don't forget the 6.8mm balls), regular Arrma 6S ends, Durango, TLR 8ight, and so on. Most 1/8th scale shocks have 3.5mm shafts, so any of the "race" cars I listed will require an M4 tapping drill bit. I like to use an M4 tap to just start the threads on straight, then run the rest of it by hand.

You can get a lot of ends that can work, depending on if you wanna do some minor "fitting". Let's see theirs RPM blue traxxas ends, Associated RC8 ends, Mugen MBX8, Tekno 48.3 (don't forget the 6.8mm balls), regular Arrma 6S ends, Durango, TLR 8ight, and so on. Most 1/8th scale shocks have 3.5mm shafts, so any of the "race" cars I listed will require an M4 tapping drill bit. I like to use an M4 tap to just start the threads on straight, then run the rest of it by hand.
I noticed this about 1/8th scale shocks. I'm running Tekno rod ends on my Trackstar shocks on my Arrma Typhon.

Thanks for the replies I’m going to hunt something at the LHS that may work. Not really sure how it happened, I just noticed the front end was low after playing a short while on my new yard track. Besides this minor set back the truck is amazing !! Tons of power. I’ll put up some videos once I get it fixed

Thanks for the replies I’m going to hunt something at the LHS that may work. Not really sure how it happened, I just noticed the front end was low after playing a short while on my new yard track. Besides this minor set back the truck is amazing !! Tons of power. I’ll put up some videos once I get it fixed
It looks like it took quite a hit from something. You can see in your close-up shot that the rib on the a-arm right next to to shock end has some solid crushing on it. ...also on the shock end there is a chunk of dirt and above it the platsic took a good hit.

I wasn’t able to find anything that fit at the local hobby shop. Bummer. wonder how long the part will be back ordered? If anyone has a source I can send $$

for some reason (my driving skills) i go through at least 3 of these a month on my kraton.
from what i can tell the more it is from hyper extending the shock, cart wheels seem to be the culprit the faster and more violent
the ball pulls through the mount. i have used the ends in the shock rebuild kit for other models when the actual part was not available.
sometimes hard to get it started but usually not longer than a 3-5 minutes to fix it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back