Granite Broke something in the drivetrain on my Voltage...clicks and slowly moves.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wakko

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Vorteks
  3. Voltage
Took the Voltage out and was using angled parking stops as a ramp, and it was actually working pretty well. Did a few jumps and then something went a little caca. Hit the gas and the truck will move, but slowly, and with obvious problems. There's a clicking at the rearend. Dogbones are in place, cups don't appear to be broken, unless they break on the inside somehow. Thoughts? Yes, I'm new to this.

Took the Voltage out and was using angled parking stops as a ramp, and it was actually working pretty well. Did a few jumps and then something went a little caca. Hit the gas and the truck will move, but slowly, and with obvious problems. There's a clicking at the rearend. Dogbones are in place, cups don't appear to be broken, unless they break on the inside somehow. Thoughts? Yes, I'm new to this.
You might have stripped the rear differential. Thats my guess. 🤷‍♂️ I don't have a granite voltage so I'm 100% not sure.

Ah, that makes sense. I was told they break a lot, but I thought the dog bone would pop out. I bought spare cups but can’t find the darn things.

Same here, truck wouldn't move but diff was working fine when rotated by hand. I was going to take the diff out and checked the cups one more time... Yep, one cup was rounded. Part AR310862.

Hey man, it’s very easy to check the spur and pinion. Just 2 screws. Takeoff the back right tire and you’ll see the cover. Pull it off and take a picture of what’s inside. Most likely it’s there or yes, possibly inside the wheel cups. Those are easy to look inside when you have the wheels off and then take that one screw where the rear steering knuckle connects to the connecting rod over the cup. Then you can take the dog bones out and look inside the cups

It’s not as easy to check the inside gears. You have to take the whole thing apart. But it’s a relatively simple car, no where near as complex as a Granite 4x4.

I think there’s not as much a chance of it being the inside gears (They are big, broad and look pretty tough) as the plastic cups or skinny spur gear. Unless you broke something in the differential inside…And I don’t see that. if I remember right the gears inside the little differential may be metal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back