Kraton Broke the Pin on my Dogbone/Drive Shaft Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anteater25

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I was out bashing today and suddenly the car stopped moving forward with the throttle engaged. I took a look at my Kraton and found that the pin to the rear Dogbone had been knocked out. Here is a link to the part: http://www.arrma-rc.com/interactive-exploded-view/AR106015/AR310460 I was looking to see if I could just replace the pin and not buy a new dogbone. Is there a part for this? I don't see one on the exploded view on Armma's website. See attached pic of my car. Any advice is appreciated thanks.

IMG_4358_zpsmj7wiiyh.jpg

I was out bashing today and suddenly the car stopped moving forward with the throttle engaged. I took a look at my Kraton and found that the pin to the rear Dogbone had been knocked out. Here is a link to the part: http://www.arrma-rc.com/interactive-exploded-view/AR106015/AR310460 I was looking to see if I could just replace the pin and not buy a new dogbone. Is there a part for this? I don't see one on the exploded view on Armma's website. See attached pic of my car. Any advice is appreciated thanks.

IMG_4358_zpsmj7wiiyh.jpg
Theres no specific part for just the pin...guess you can diy if you got tools else buy new metal ;)

You must change the outdrive too cause it looks really bad and will break your next dogbone...and check those same pieces all around the driveline

If it looks like this you must change both pieces cause old piece will make new metal go old very quick

Attachments

• 20170103_230349.jpg
    20170103_230349.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 110
Take an old drill which is slitty bigger than the hole. Cut the drill and use just the shaft.
Make the bone hot and press the drill shaft thru the hole and let getting cool.
Then cut the shaft on the right length.

-> Ready for Run! :)

Take an old drill which is slitty bigger than the hole. Cut the drill and use just the shaft.

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try until I get my parts in. Thanks.

Did you use Armma ones or another brand? Your method looks more stable and less likely to break.
You have to make the diff shafts that go on the center diff( i used 450 5mm heli mainshafts)The back shaft is for a Yeti 160mm long,the front is Jun Fac 142 mm cvd.

I took your advice and did the drill bit fix. See pics. The problem is that the bit came out after about 10 minutes of running time. My parts came in today, so I can fix it. I might try and look into doing the CVD shafts next time they break. Thanks for all the tips.

IMG_4364_zpshtbmcw40.jpg

IMG_4363_zpsyimodmsj.jpg

I believe you are supposed to use the Smooth shaft of the drill bit to make the pin. I forget the exact size of the bit you need to use. Basically you are recreating an exact copy of the little pin that is in there to begin with.

Keep the old dogbone in case you ever need the other pin, or if you bend the new one can use one pin to fix the old one. Never tried this myself, but was told that a little hair sized line of JB Weld inside the hole before inserting the pin will keep it from ever coming out again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back