Talion Broke the Talion in less than 5 minutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
WOW !!! I am a little surprised this happened , let alone so fast !!!! So my Talion is basically brand new , 2019 V4 . Drove it once the other day just ripping around a field , wen to LVC . Today went to do a bash with my Xmaxx , Typhon 6s V4 , Talion V4 , and the new Mojave .
Went to a BMX track , and only 5 min into the battery pack with the Talion , launching off a jump getting maybe 10' of height it landed to what I didn't think anything of out of the ordinary , and BAM !!!! broke the rear aluminum hinge pin/plastic retainer , and because of what it is screwed into the rear diff housing is also broken .
It surprises me to have this happen after seeing way more abuse from all the youtube guys landing all kinds of harshness .
So put the batteries into the Typhon and sent it to the moon time and time again with nothing happening !!! Went to LVC and brought that one home ready to use again ( although I do notice the chassis has a slight bend in her now ) !!!! LOL

Attachments

• IMG_3998.JPG
    IMG_3998.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_3999.JPG
    IMG_3999.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 107
Wow that sucks. Must have been a defect in that rear rear plate. Never seen one rip like that.

This was at that BMX track in Meriden you go to , same jump you were doing your backflips off of .
Must've landed on something soft. Those pillow landings are the worst. Jk.
Voltage hobbies still has those upgraded rear suspension mounts in stock.
O.K , so is this the best/most common rear hinge upgrade ? I was going to replace it with a new stock one ?

Last edited:
Yeah the LWB rigs are tougher on the rear diff housing and suspension. I equate it to the front getting 6 screws to lock in and the back only gets 4. I went to the HR diff case and suspension mounts. No issues after that caveat that weren’t my doing. ?

I'm wondering if it would have helped if I had the Tbone rear bash bumper as it landed would have scraped the bumper and not dig the rear of the chassis into the ground ?

That's a bummer, yeah I would think a rear bumper could have possibly helped.

Well I got all the parts to fix , took the whole back apart to change the diff housing , could not get that grub screw out of the outdrive , and stripped it ( I know now to have had to use heat ) , and said screw it , put it all back together with that one missing screw for the hinge pin carrier (and my new Tbone rear bash bumper) and ran the truck . Ran it on 6s , bashing/jumping , it held together . I still don't like the fact that there is a missing screw from the hinge pin carrier plate into the diff housing , but there are the two on the bottom that go up into the housing as well as the one on the right . Oh well , run it til it breaks again !!!!!
Was bashing at my LHS with other Arrmas/Xmaxx/Maxx , it's funny , they all said my Talion is stupid fast LOL !!!!! I was running 6s ,75c , punch up at 9 , and a 16t pinion .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back