Granite Broken again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feindish

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Outcast 6s
So I just fixed my granite and I hit a tree and broke the upper suspension link. I really like this thing but it is no where near as tough as my 6s outcast. Anyone have a good upgrade?

So I just fixed my granite and I hit a tree and broke the upper suspension link. I really like this thing but it is no where near as tough as my 6s outcast. Anyone have a good upgrade?
You hit a tree. I'll break something for sure if I hit a tree with my Outcast 6s TBH. And I have before. Sorry, I don't have any upgrades to mention. When I did have my granite BLX I never hit a tree, but broke the lower arms on rocks. No biggie. I just replaced them with stock arms. They are very durable. It took me a while to do that. Good luck.
Have you tried the RPM arms? :
https://www.ebay.com/itm/164214305990

I have a fly sky radio and yes I do need to learn better control.
I have rpm arms, but it was the link above the a arm.
These granite length arms or Typhon length? And if Typhon length arms did you add the Typhon turnbuckles or just extend the granite ones out? The reason I ask is I been seeing people do the typhon arm upgrade and comment that just extending out the links of the granite turnbuckles is all they needed but I've tried that and it's barely long enough and I doubt it's strong enough to last and since you broke was just checking to see if that's the case or not.

In all honesty you're pretty lucky that's all that broke, I assume it was one of the plastic rod ends? As far as upgrades on that I'm not too sure, but I assume there's aluminum ones out there but I personally hate using all metal turnbuckles because then I'm having to locktite the heck out of everything or else the turnbuckle shaft begins unwinding itself and messes up steering geometry.

By suspension link do you mean the turnbuckles? I have a Granite as well and while I haven't broken one, I've bent a few. Not only that, but they are always twisting around and have to be readjusted after just about every run. DrianRC recently posted a video where he replaced them with the composite links from the brushed Granite:
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330446
I haven't tried it yet, but I am going to. Downside is you lose adjustability. My setup is not so far from stock, so losing adjustability may be a worthwhile trade-off if they provide more durability and less headache.

George of the Jungle hits trees all the time but doesn't complain! ?

By suspension link do you mean the turnbuckles? I have a Granite as well and while I haven't broken one, I've bent a few. Not only that, but they are always twisting around and have to be readjusted after just about every run. DrianRC recently posted a video where he replaced them with the composite links from the brushed Granite:
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330446
I haven't tried it yet, but I am going to. Downside is you lose adjustability. My setup is not so far from stock, so losing adjustability may be a worthwhile trade-off if they provide more durability and less headache.

Mine is the brushed version and yes I’m talking about the turnbuckles. I made some out steel at work today I just need to machine them down a little so they fit, and drill a few more holes to reduce weight.

Mine is the brushed version and yes I’m talking about the turnbuckles. I made some out steel at work today I just need to machine them down a little so they fit, and drill a few more holes to reduce weight.
Damn, I was hoping they would be really durable. Thanks for the info. I'll probably still try them out, as I just bent another of the brushless version one run after I replaced it.

Last edited:
The link set is cheaper as you get four links compared to the two turnbuckles and there is they are a fixed length so no adjustments to screw up

The problem is how thin the end of the link is
So I made some of my own using some uhmw I found at work. They still need a bit of work. So I got paid to make some instead of paying for some lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back