Senton Broken already

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just bought my senton 3s 1 week ago driving it today n pt just stopped 3 minutes in on fresh battery only 5 charges so far, the tires spin free center shaft diesnt turn pull trigger it makes a squealy clicking

Solution
No big deal. Just that more info is needed to diagnose the problem further.
What you describe is much too vague and general.
Get familiar with part names and terms in the manual at Arrma RC.com if not the manual. We will be talking in these terms to direct you.
I understand you feel I need to use the "proper"terminology however when I don't know what the issue is I cannot describe the broken part when I k ow not which one is broke,I appreciate the rapid responses but damn some of you are just rude,not you specifically but wow I got on here to seek knowledge not derogatory comments from some of these people
Just bought my senton 3s 1 week ago driving it today n pt just stopped 3 minutes in on fresh battery only 5 charges so far, the tires spin free center shaft diesnt turn pull trigger it makes a squealy clicking

We would need more info.. best thing would be posting a video for us to see..
What you explained in the above post is confusing..

you say it rolls free.. and makes a squealing noise.. one would think the spur is stripped... But in the same breathe you say it rolls free, but the center shaft doesn't turn...🤔

you either have a complete melt down.. spur, slipper, and diffs.. or what you type is not coming across correctly...

video would help us help you much faster and more accurately..👍

english please.
Well I didnt have my glasses so excuse me if I offended you
We would need more info.. best thing would be posting a video for us to see..
What you explained in the above post is confusing..

you say it rolls free.. and makes a squealing noise.. one would think the spur is stripped... But in the same breathe you say it rolls free, but the center shaft doesn't turn...🤔

you either have a complete melt down.. spur, slipper, and diffs.. or what you type is not coming across correctly...

video would help us help you much faster and more accurately..👍
It does not roll if you pick it up n spin the wheels they move but set it down n try to move it and it goes nowhere
I'm sorry, what language was he speaking?
Excuse mr.perfect I didnt have my glasses

Get familiar with part names and terms in the manual at Arrma RC.com if not the manual. We will be talking in these terms to direct you.

Well I didnt have my glasses so excuse me if I offended you

It does not roll if you pick it up n spin the wheels they move but set it down n try to move it and it goes nowhere

Excuse mr.perfect I didnt have my glasses

Is there any way you could post a video and drop the link here?.. be glad to help just need a look at what's going on.. it could be several things to cause the above mentioned...👍

I understand you feel I need to use the "proper"terminology however when I don't know what the issue is I cannot describe the broken part when I k ow not which one is broke,I appreciate the rapid responses but damn some of you are just rude,not you specifically but wow I got on here to seek knowledge not derogatory comments from some of these people

Solution
I am willing to bet that the motor locked up.

Remove the motor module from the vehicle and try to spin the motor by hand.

A little tip to help make removal of the motor module a little easier do what I did in this picture and pry where the red circles are with a flat head screw driver.
20210203_192501.jpg

And to help prevent this from happening again some tips here https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/3200kv-blx-3660-motor-bearings.9826/#post-367654
Hope this helps.
I agree. Please be respectful guys, we all need to remember that we were all new at one time or another. Sometimes it is hard to describe in words what is going on.

A little tip to help make removal of the motor module a little easier do what I did in this picture and pry where the red circles are with a flat head screw driver.
View attachment 128795

And to help prevent this from happening again some tips here https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/3200kv-blx-3660-motor-bearings.9826/#post-367654
Hope this helps.

I agree. Please be respectful guys, we all need to remember that we were all new at one time or another. Sometimes it is hard to describe in words what is going on.th

View attachment 128795

Hope this helps.

I agree. Please be respectful guys, we all need to remember that we were all new at one time or another. Sometimes it is hard to describe in words what is going on.
Thank you I will do that first thing in the a.m. I'm not new by any means to rc my addiction started waaaaay back with a traxxas tmax nitro 3.3 but doe sure a newbie to the short course truck world I have 6 kids and they all have trucks but I got 1 who had to have a small tire truck lol,I appreciate the assistance for sure

@Rusty lamphear, were you able to remove the power module like @slick2500 showed? Then you need to isolate the motor from the spur gear (large gear) and see if the motor spins by hand by rotating the small gear on the motor (pinion gear) If it does not spin freely then the motor seized up. Additionally check the condition of both the spur gear and pinion gear mesh for proper wear and smooth rotation. Either way it's all under warranty. Just contact Horizon Hobby for a motor replacement. This can happen from time to time. Just from wear or defect as probably in your case with minimal use.
Reason could be be one or both the ball bearings failed and/or the armature that spins inside, magnets unwrapped itself and locked up inside the motor's can. If you say the wheels spin when lifted, you are describing the differential action. Turning one wheel one way and the opposite wheel turns the other way. I think that's where the initial confusion was above. What you described initially, could have described a different issue and different area to focus on.
If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask.
The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. 👍

:cool:

Last edited:
@Rusty lamphear, were you able to remove the power module like @slick2500 showed? Then you need to isolate the motor from the spur gear (large gear) and see if the motor spins by hand by rotating the small gear on the motor (pinion gear) If it does not spin freely then the motor seized up. Additionally check the condition of both the spur gear and pinion gear mesh for proper wear and smooth rotation. Either way it's all under warranty. Just contact Horizon Hobby for a motor replacement. This can happen from time to time. Just from wear or defect as probably in your case with minimal use.
Reason could be be one or both the ball bearings failed and/or the armature that spins inside, magnets unwrapped itself and locked up inside the motor's can. If you say the wheels spin when lifted, you are describing the differential action. Turning one wheel one way and the opposite wheel turns the other way. I think that's where the initial confusion was above. What you described initially, could have described a different issue and different area to focus on.

Actually I just got it all apart pretty easily the motor is seized right up had to put channel locks on it to turn it lol,thanks guys for all the help I appreciate it now I just have to figure out how to get it warrantied

ARRMA_Warranty_Form_28092010.pdf (arrma-rc.com)
[email protected]
Service Center Landing Page (horizonhobby.com)

HH doesn't show their phone contact any longer on their website.
But you can try calling 877-504-0233 That's how I've done it in the past. They usually call you back if a prompt asks for your phone number.
The process is quicker. IMHO.
HH usually doesn't want the part back. At least for Arrma products that are clearly broke if you describe that clearly enough. Just need to provide them a receipt. There's a 2 year warranty on all Arrma rigs.
Hope that helps.
Good luck. :cool:

Edit: if you feel that the gears are also damaged ask for those also. You can offer pictures of the parts like I have done in the past.

If you are bored, you can take the motor apart to see exactly what and how it failed. Rebuilding, lubing and maintaining motors is normal with these.

When you get the new motor, it is advisable to put a drop of oil on each of the 2 motor bearings. These motors sometimes come with Dry BB's. I suspect that is usually the problem with fairly new motors that fail this way.

Last edited:
ARRMA_Warranty_Form_28092010.pdf (arrma-rc.com)
[email protected]
Service Center Landing Page (horizonhobby.com)

HH doesn't show their phone contact any longer on their website.
But you can try calling 877-504-0233 That's how I've done it in the past. They usually call you back if a prompt asks for your phone number.
The process is quicker. IMHO.
HH usually doesn't want the part back. At least for Arrma products that are clearly broke if you describe that clearly enough. Just need to provide them a receipt. There's a 2 year warranty on all Arrma rigs.
Hope that helps.
Good luck. :cool:

Edit: if you feel that the gears are also damaged ask for those also. You can offer pictures of the parts like I have done in the past.

If you are bored, you can take the motor apart to see exactly what and how it failed. Rebuilding, lubing and maintaining motors is normal with these.
Very helpful and I think I will take it apart why not right maybe fix it for a spare

Back