Notorious Broken body clip retainers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Should I try gluing them back together? I have both pieces, the bottom and the top. I just want to have them, they’re really useful!

I would assume your talking about the part that goes through the body with the barb on it? You could try like a rubber cement, something that will vulcanize it.. I usually have several spares on hand.. my daughter likes to RIP the tab side at the clips... I've never tried putting them back together but that's what comes to mind since they are rubber of sorts.

Rubber retainer pieces they use now appear to be cheaper and thinner than they used to be.

I'm trying these as I'm tired of losing body clips constantly:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CXS9XWL

I put a set on my outcast with the probodyrc body. The originals broke a long time ago.
2019-0930-Outcast-BodyClipRetainersSide.jpg

2019-0930-Outcast-BodyClipRetainersBottom.jpg

I mounted the front one from the bottom and just poked the clips through the body mount holes. I did that in case I cut a hole in the windshield for a camera. But now that I've removed the T2T, I doubt I'll do that as I was going to put the camera on the T2T brace... perhaps I'll put it back in just for the camera and make the notch on the rear really wide to allow for flex (m2c chassis/titanium towers).

I've only run it once since installing them and so far so good.

I could buy 100 clips for what those cost me, but it's more about being 100 yards from my pit bag that has clips in it than anything. $7 for laziness! LOL!

I lose clips mostly on my stampede 4x4 and ERBEv2. I have a probodyrc body for the stampede, just haven't cut it up yet and I'm waiting on another body to show up for the revo. I lose so many clips on that thing... every single bash costs me at least 3. The rears are the first to go. I just recently drilled holes in the posts to go sideways, hoping that helps.

Soundly it just fall of instantly?
Mine stayed in for a long time. I ended up completely trashing the rest of the Granite body that I had done this on. I haven’t had this issue on my Kraton or Typhon bodies.

One thing that may help others keep from ripping their tethers is spreading the body clips to make them less tight. After spreading mine, they no longer take as much effort to pull them off. Therefore you’re not using Herculean level effort to pull them, leading to ripping the tether.

Mine stayed in for a long time. I ended up completely trashing the rest of the Granite body that I had done this on. I haven’t had this issue on my Kraton or Typhon bodies.

One thing that may help others keep from ripping their tethers is spreading the body clips to make them less tight. After spreading mine, they no longer take as much effort to pull them off. Therefore you’re not using Herculean level effort to pull them, leading to ripping the tether.
For me it ripped off when I flipped my noto over

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back