Broken body mounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justatree

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
Ok so I have a question for all of you, are the broken body mounts covered under warranty? (i think mine broke because it was a bit cold outside)... These things are weak!
and if they are covered, do you have to pay for shipping?

I doubt it.
I have warrantied a receiver, and 2 motors. Normal use. They ship you a new one no hassle, no paying for shipping.
Body cracking, suspension breaking, and more has been my fault.

Gave Arrma a call, and it is not covered under warranty
:(
3rd run and already had 2 breakages :(

@justatree, I can't remember what thread or the exact part number but, @Darren Wes had suggested some cobra body mounts, and I still have a pack un opened. I used the lower mount on front and had to pop two new holes in body. Haven't broken them yet, very strong and flexible. I'll take some pics in the morning and post them here, along with part number.

Last edited:
Tho I only asked 2 times for body posts I was given some happily from arrma. After that I got a tbone bumper and drove more carful

I do rember the cobra kind and I never ended up using them. I kept using stock fronts because it allowed me to have my fake motor on the hood.

I have used duratrax posts 4in on my granite. my friend got 3in for his senton and realized he needed 4in for his application. the point is duratrax makes shorter ones too. If you're not trying to add hoodflair, I would go with duratrax brand posts because they are easier to find and fit well width wise.

My body post mount broke and my posts are still good.
You can get this part or somthing very similar and they should be fine
Part number
DTXC2603
or
DTXC2614

Tho I only asked 2 times for body posts I was given some happily from Arrma. After that I got a tbone bumper and drove more carful

I do rember the cobra kind and I never ended up using them. I kept using stock fronts because it allowed me to have my fake motor on the hood.

I have used duratrax posts 4in on my granite. my friend got 3in for his senton and realized he needed 4in for his application. the point is duratrax makes shorter ones too. If you're not trying to add hoodflair, I would go with duratrax brand posts because they are easier to find and fit well width wise.

My body post mount broke and my posts are still good.
You can get this part or somthing very similar and they should be fine
Part number
DTXC2603
or
DTXC2614
How did you convince them to give it to you?

12809929_969373409767084_939312429_o.jpg 12787401_969373433100415_1816131040_o.jpg

how do I use the duratrax with these?

Here is what I did, this is on the front. I had to trim the post a little but, they have been awesome.

Aviary Photo_131016799362559406.jpg

And here is the part number,

Aviary Photo_131016799877826226.jpg

Hope this is helps.

Since I am still a noob to this, how was this installed? I'm having a hard time thinking this out lol:confused:

so I will have to drill this?

Since I am still a noob to this, how was this installed? I'm having a hard time thinking this out lol:confused:

so I will have to drill this?

No, they should slide into the original body post mount. I had to remove the whole mount and slide the post in from underneath. And then assemble it back onto vehicle as one piece.

You'll probably have to drill 2 new holes in the body. I have the zip tie on there to keep the post aligned with holes in body.

Besides that...ur gonna have to remove the body mounts on ur truck put the new ones on an ream some new holes

Here you go, @justatree
Aviary Photo_131016844321725350.jpg

Aviary Photo_131016844879341928.jpg

Aviary Photo_131016845158960504.jpg

Aviary Photo_131016845386629418.jpg

Aviary Photo_131016845804010243.jpg

Then re install onto rc after you have assembled the other side. You might have to trim down the post after you install them. They are a real tight fit into stock mount, maybe use some dish liquid or wd40 so they'll slide in easier.

One more thing, there is a set screw here.

PhotoNote_Aviary Photo_131016845804010243_0237.jpg

On both mounts, they will hold the body posts in place. Just don't over tighten and strip the holes out. I just pushed posts all the way down and then tightened them in place, haven't moved since.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back