Outcast Broken bottom shock mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niceshotd

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So I have been doing some big jumps and have been braking the bottom shock mounts. What can I do so I don't brake them as often. Cause they have been on back order or out of stock. And my outcast is my go to basher.

I have tekno orange springs on front with 45wt oil
And yellow springs on rear with 60wt oil. I changed the rear shock position out so the shock is more straight up and down. Thanks for any ideas.

Maybe try lighter fluid in the back. Stock setup is 800cst front, 600cst rear. I'm running 1000 front and 800 rear. I had some issues with the front but nothing with rear so far.

I've broken only the backs too....a couple different times.
In fact most of the damage on my Outcast has been to the rear end area,I guess too many hard rear wheel first landings.
Balance wise,there's is a bit more weight in the back than in the front that would explain the reasoning for this.

These HPI shock ends (the small ones) will work with just a slight modification.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hpi-ra...wvCHsqaCpGufQxMkHzXgjKr6R15plt2s53xoCDs3w_wcB

I've broken only the backs too....a couple different times.
In fact most of the damage on my Outcast has been to the rear end area,I guess too many hard rear wheel first landings.
Balance wise,there's is a bit more weight in the back than in the front that would explain the reasoning for this.

These HPI shock ends (the small ones) will work with just a slight modification.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hpi-ra...wvCHsqaCpGufQxMkHzXgjKr6R15plt2s53xoCDs3w_wcB
What mods have to be done to them??

I Brook a right rear rod end on my outcast,it was my third jump of the day i couldn't believe it"WTF".. no available in the UK so I've done a bit of modding....I glued the part where it snapped then i used a dremel to compensate for the extra width of the washer's then I glued the washers to each side of the rod end..hopefully it keeps me doin a bit of light bashing for a while.
Will someone hurry up and make an aluminum rod end,it's obviously a major weak point

Attachments

• IMAG0573.jpg
    IMAG0573.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMAG0574.jpg
    IMAG0574.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 1490241633730706361630.jpg
    1490241633730706361630.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 52
I agree carter4anytink. But then you have to think if it is aluminum and stronger what else would break? My son thought it would be cool to put aluminum arms on his rustler and 2days of jumping and bashing they bent and he said dad how can I fix it I said with a hammer but they are probably going to snap at some point.

I love my outcast and been thinking about buying more arrma products. But it seems I have the same problem as everyone else. No parts available.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back