Granite Broken Differential HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aloring3

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello everyone,
As everyone predicted since I upgraded to a brushless motor in my Mega I have broke what I believe is the differential. I have attached is a picture of what snapped. Do they make different sizes? Do they make a metal on that will fit in the Mega? If anyone has a recommendation that would be great. I have a HR spur gear and HR slipper on the way. So id like to upgrade these too. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Attachments

• dif.jpg
    dif.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 92
I didn't notice you have a mega. Are the bulkheads different from the blx?

** I just checked the exploded view and it appears to be the same as the blx. You should be able to use the hot racing gears with the stock parts. But be forewarned others have had issues with the stock plastic yokes flexing too.

I didn't notice you have a mega. Are the bulkheads different from the blx?
I don't know. I just figured out how to take it apart. We were running and I noticed only the front wheels were turning. That is how I figured out I must have busted a part.

Here's the hr diff set for the granite.

Re-used the stock internal diff gears, replaced the yokes, replaced the diff cup and replaced the plastic gears. Inside the stock composite bulkhead.

Attachments

• diffs3.jpg
    diffs3.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 51
  • diffs1.jpg
    diffs1.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 47
As other have written, you need the HD Input Gear. P/N: AR310773

My son broke his a couple of weeks ago on brushed power. The stock plastic part is not very strong.

Do they make a brand of the picture below that is not as expensive? Im sure I will need these because I will ruined my diff gear today. I was shocked that it just snapped right off. I would assume the new metal one will burn through the plastic that is in it now. I got the HR spur gear coming and the slipper but it would be almost $140 for the front and rear drive shafts.

https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=ATF288RC;c=1407

Do they make a brand of the picture below that is not as expensive? Im sure I will need these because I will ruined my diff gear today. I was shocked that it just snapped right off. I would assume the new metal one will burn through the plastic that is in it now. I got the HR spur gear coming and the slipper but it would be almost $140 for the front and rear drive shafts.

https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=ATF288RC;c=1407
If you are running 3s on the mega you don't need any metal diffs the only car that need those expensive diffs from hot racins are the 4s line for the rear diff most likely
And the shafts are the same as the 3s ones i think and they can handle the 3s power without breaking

If you are running 3s on the mega you don't need any metal diffs the only car that need those expensive diffs from hot racins are the 4s line for the rear diff most likely
And the shafts are the same as the 3s ones i think and they can handle the 3s power without breaking
Thanks for the tip. I was close to pulling the trigger cause I know I’ll want to race as soon as the other part arrives.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back