Broken ESC wire. Fixable?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRC

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Broke one of the wires from the BLX 100 ESC to battery today. Is this fixable? Do I need to solder?
IMG_0349.jpg

How did that happen?
Jumping. Most likely the battery popping out yanked the wire. Need to find a solution for the battery popping out. It eventually pops the velcro straps even when landing everything on the wheels. I think just longer velcro straps will help.

:( Hopefully covered under warranty.
Horizon has been very good in the past about providing warranty even for crash damage. Probably why the cost of the vehicles keep going up ?

Last edited:
I would attempt it regardless. You would have to wait on the new one anyways. I would put a shrink tube as close to the esc as possible and then twist the wire and then tin it and solder on a new wire. Its worth a shot and you may not have to order a new one.

I would attempt it regardless. You would have to wait on the new one anyways. I would put a shrink tube as close to the esc as possible and then twist the wire and then tin it and solder on a new wire. Its worth a shot and you may not have to order a new one.
Don't know how to solder, but I may try. Learning to solder looks like a good idea going forward with the hobby. But waiting to hear from Horizon first, I don't want to void the warranty by messing with it.

Broke one of the wires from the BLX 100 ESC to battery today. Is this fixable? Do I need to solder?View attachment 93455
Should be relatively easy depending on how they sealed the esc. You'll need to desolder the ripped wire from the esc and replace it.

Wires were too taught so they ripped, make sure you give yourself some slack and tie the wires back using the ips they provide on the velcro strap. You'd be surprised how easy it is to damage wiring because it fit but just so as soon as any stress is applied it get torn apart :(
worst case trim the ripped wire as close to the esc as possible and tin the ends, then solder the new wire on.

Would be nice to see the other side of the ESC but i would say it is repairable. Try the warranty, but repair this one too.
This is the other side with the wire cover off. How the hell? Both sides are secure. The wire just completely came apart. I use plenty of slack while driving.
IMG_0351.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back