Broken esc wire.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettjun

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I went out for a bash this eve and my truck just stopped. I took off the shell wondering what it was. I then saw to my horror the cable from the esc to the receiver had been rubbed through by the shaft in the centre. My own fault as I’ve just it a max8 combo in it and probably didn’t route the wire that great. How can I fix it. I’ve had the fan off and that’s all I can get at. I’m furious with myself for being a dumb ass. 🤬 and I’ve lost the switch rubber too.

AE32C6E4-8339-4478-A049-6742DF687DBA.jpeg

yeah I would solder it, put heat shrink on it, then heat shrink the whole area with a larger piece, making sure when i put it back in to rout the wires away from anything that rotates or gets hot

I guess these guys didn't see that the wire came apart in the middle. Just strip both ends of the white wire, put a piece of heat shrink tubing on one end then put the two stripped ends together by either soldering or just twist them together, then pull the heat shrink tubing over the exposed wire and heat it with a lighter. You can solder the wire if you want, but it's not really necessary. It is only a signal wire. Doesn't carry high current so just a regular splice is fine. Very easy fix.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back