Typhon Broken front a-arm and ?chewed up drive shaft? Arrma Typhon 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dg1726

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Today I bashed my typhon 3s and it took a beating with some rather awkward landings due to catching a tree limb by the jump ??‍♂️
After doing a speed run I noticed 1 side was sagging lower so I inspected it and found a broken a-arm...further inspection showed a bent pivot ball rod?? on the same side and something was eating away at my drive shaft by the motor...
Any recs on an aluminum driveshaft and aluminum front suspension arms / a-arms?!?

TIA

Attachments

• 3C737B10-AEE7-4F42-B2A8-252F0A0F7997.jpeg
    3C737B10-AEE7-4F42-B2A8-252F0A0F7997.jpeg
    641.2 KB · Views: 147
  • 1E40CFAE-7B39-46B3-8E37-F559C6359597.jpeg
    1E40CFAE-7B39-46B3-8E37-F559C6359597.jpeg
    295.5 KB · Views: 84
I noticed my center drive shaft had burned up one end after the very first run, I cleaned it up and replaced all the bearings and it's been fine ever since.

Thanks guys, I purchased the RPM’s they’ll be here in 5 days!

By the way, my son is running RPM rear arms and they are still alive...

Hello need a little help here after running my car the driveshaft is being chewed up along with the spear gear not sure why this happen what do I need to do

Hello need a little help here after running my car the driveshaft is being chewed up along with the spear gear not sure why this happen what do I need to do
Did you drive a lot through dirt/sand? Is the driveshaft being chewed up from the outside? It might be dirt/sand/small rocks got in to your spur gear and stuck next to your drive shaft? If not, I'll leave it up to the better informed on this forum. 😇

I don't think there are any metal centre driveshafts, but you don't want one. Metal driveshafts bend and break all the time. The 3s/4s plastic driveshaft is incredibly durable and flexible. My driveshaft also has several grooves from where a rock got stuck and chewed it a bit. Despite the grooves, it has held up to all my crashes and works fine.

As for the bent tierod. You can bend it back, but another solution is Lunsford titanium tierods. They're expensive, but I bent, snapped, replaced so many stock tierods, that the Lunsfords actually save money. I did bend one, but only one, and it was replaced under Lunsford's lifetime guarantee.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back