Notorious Broken front A Arm and shock mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robm422

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Man, I need to learn to drive and jump better! I keep breaking things, anyways I'm replacing the stock A Arms with RPM's after reading some threads of them verses aluminum, way cheaper and better because they have some flex to them. I think I'm finally going to do the full teardown, its a bit nerve wracking though, how do you keep all the parts and screws straight? I'm I going to be able to get it all back together properly? any suggestions appreciated!

Hi Rob. Photos of your tear down are good start. Also, one of the great features of the Arrma 8th scale, is it can be taken apart in three sections, the rear being the least complicated. Take apart one section at a time, and reassemble it, before moving to the next section. Once all three sections are done, setting them back on the chassis is quite simple. Regarding the RPM a-arms, flexibility is good, but some members have found the driveshafts popping out on hard impacts. I would search the forum to find out more about it. Being fairly new myself, I picked up lots of extra arms from a kit breaker (Jennys Rc), which are cheap, new, and handy to have in the tool box. Also, the Arrma website has great exploded views that can be downloaded. I would print off a set, and keep them close by during the process. Good luck, and there's always the forum to reach out to if you get stuck.

Oh, and one other thing. Get yourself a micro torch or good soldering iron. If this is the first tear down, you're about to find out that Arrma uses red Loctite (strong) on all metal to metal screw connections. Heat them up before you put a hex on them. If you try to do it without, you will strip a lot of screws, and possibly even your drivers. Grub screws included. When you clean everything, use blue Loctite (medium) on all the screws, and make sure you give it time to cure before putting everything back.

Oh, and one other thing. Get yourself a micro torch or good soldering iron. If this is the first tear down, you're about to find out that Arrma uses red Loctite (strong) on all metal to metal screw connections. Heat them up before you put a hex on them. If you try to do it without, you will strip a lot of screws, and possibly even your drivers. Grub screws included. When you clean everything, use blue Loctite (medium) on all the screws, and make sure you give it time to cure before putting everything back.

yeah, what he said..

You should have a decent set of hex drivers too.

Notorious/Outcast is a handful, get two plastic bmx jumps (put them side by side) and practice. The ones I have are small enough that I don’t break much but big enough for backflips, and also can be raised up with blocks of wood. Great fun!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back