Mojave Broken Mojave lower arm 1st run...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SRC999

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Mojave
Took my Mojave for the first proper bash, and not just running it in the parking lot, and the back end seemed wicked squirrely /not too stable in a straight line. I was also bashing on a bmx park for bikes. The total trail area wasn't too wide either (about 40-50ft across). I ended up full throttle on 4s (75%), and lost control straight into a basketball sized rock!! Tore my lower suspension arm completely releasing the shock from its lower mount, and dog bone. I probably have run it about 15-20 mins total in it's life. Next time I'll be taking it to a much more open area with less mini boulders haha. Gotta get to fixing it tonight!!! Rough luck.

true that. I was sort of shocked, but then felt calm like "hey that's what this is all about" haha. And then I wasn't upset at all on the drive home. Gonna take more time to find suitable places to really open her up on her 2nd ever play time haha.

I took me awhile to convince the wife, that's the nature of the hobby. It doesn't bother her at all now..

Arrma tough...did the same with a slash going alot slower an broke bulkhead in half.mojave 12+lb slash 4-5 lbs. I had more money in that slash then I do in my Mojave.surpised that's all u broke.BREAKING PARTS MEANS REPLACEING WITH MODIFIED PARTS.keep tearing **** up an you'll have a bad*** ride....lol

Took my Mojave for the first proper bash, and not just running it in the parking lot, and the back end seemed wicked squirrely /not too stable in a straight line. I was also bashing on a bmx park for bikes. The total trail area wasn't too wide either (about 40-50ft across). I ended up full throttle on 4s (75%), and lost control straight into a basketball sized rock!! Tore my lower suspension arm completely releasing the shock from its lower mount, and dog bone. I probably have run it about 15-20 mins total in it's life. Next time I'll be taking it to a much more open area with less mini boulders haha. Gotta get to fixing it tonight!!! Rough luck.
I am so relieved to read this thread and see someone taking responsibility for their breakage. Honestly when i read the title of the post i was 100% sure this was going to be another "arrma is junk" bullshit thread. Im glad you like the mojave. I cannot say enough good things about this truck. The abuse ive put my rig through so far is mind blowing. I cant understand how it is still going strong. all ive done so far is strip a wheel hex. 70 foot jumps to lawn dart.... keeps going. Im sure i am likely just having a stroke of good luck, but ill take it.

I am so relieved to read this thread and see someone taking responsibility for their breakage. Honestly when i read the title of the post i was 100% sure this was going to be another "arrma is junk" bullshit thread. Im glad you like the mojave. I cannot say enough good things about this truck. The abuse ive put my rig through so far is mind blowing. I cant understand how it is still going strong. all ive done so far is strip a wheel hex. 70 foot jumps to lawn dart.... keeps going. Im sure i am likely just having a stroke of good luck, but ill take it.
Yea I've learned how much fun this hobby can be, but the fun to wrenching ratio can be a learning process haha!

holly cow!! I wanna jump that high. I was only willing to send it about 10 ft into the air and still felt bad on the landing lol. Yea I got the replacement arm from LHS, so ill be wrenching a bit tonight. Seems relatively simple. The urge to get back our there will fuel my abilities haha
Arrma tough...did the same with a slash going alot slower an broke bulkhead in half.mojave 12+lb slash 4-5 lbs. I had more money in that slash then I do in my Mojave.surpised that's all u broke.BREAKING PARTS MEANS REPLACEING WITH MODIFIED PARTS.keep tearing **** up an you'll have a bad*** ride....lol
Yea I feel lucky!!! just the lower arm and I was out the door only $9.99! It was definitely something telling me not to go back to that spot for bashing lol. I'm defintiely looking at getting more M2C parts for durability. Just bought the scoched RC fenders, and the 17mm hexes from M2C so far. Oh and a FS GT5. I'll leave the servo alone until it strips... if it strips! It moves the wheels fine for now. SO excited for this truck :D
I took me awhile to convince the wife, that's the nature of the hobby. It doesn't bother her at all now..
YES! Replacement parts are flippin cheap, so all wives and girlfriends can take a breath knowing we aren't going broke fixing them :)

Last edited:
Yea I've learned how much fun this hobby can be, but the fun to wrenching ratio can be a learning process haha!

holly cow!! I wanna jump that high. I was only willing to send it about 10 ft into the air and still felt bad on the landing lol. Yea I got the replacement arm from LHS, so ill be wrenching a bit tonight. Seems relatively simple. The urge to get back our there will fuel my abilities haha

Yea I feel lucky!!! just the lower arm and I was out the door only $9.99! It was definitely something telling me not to go back to that spot for bashing lol. I'm defintiely looking at getting more M2C parts for durability. Just bought the scoched RC fenders, and the 17mm hexes from M2C so far. Oh and a FS GT5. I'll leave the servo alone until it strips... if it strips! It moves the wheels fine for now. SO excited for this truck :D

YES! Replacement parts are flippin cheap, so all wives and girlfriends can take a breath knowing we aren't going broke fixing them :)
Being a new truck keep an eye on your center diff cup temp an wear.buddy has melted two.i wore a hole throu mine cause a rock got in there till all diff fluid ran out.theres alot to replacing them.i put aluminium hot racing diff cup in an shimmed.now it's still leaking fluid.new stock ones are 100$1 million diff fluid will keep it cooler.

yikes. Don't know if I'll be up for that if/when it melts. We'll see! I don't have a good work area currently in my small condo. Need to get a house, so I can set up a proper work bench. right now im working out of my living room floor with trucks everywhere haha. Gotta stop buying new trucks, so I can save up that house down payment!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back