Kraton Broken Motor Lead and Fan Wire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Should I try to get this warrantied by Arrma? One of the motor leads broke from just normal bashing. Also, the wire to the ESC fan broke. That is the second time I've had this happen. It happened on my Typhon BLX and I just went and bought a replacement from Tower. But I really don't think I should have to keep on shelling out $10 or whatever the fan costs. I have a spare BLX motor so I don't have a problem waiting for them to repair the motor lead. I am just not sure if they will warranty it. Thoughts?

20181008_124424.jpg
20181008_124839.jpg

Should I try to get this warrantied by Arrma? One of the motor leads broke from just normal bashing. Also, the wire to the ESC fan broke. That is the second time I've had this happen. It happened on my Typhon BLX and I just went and bought a replacement from Tower. But I really don't think I should have to keep on shelling out $10 or whatever the fan costs. I have a spare BLX motor so I don't have a problem waiting for them to repair the motor lead. I am just not sure if they will warranty it. Thoughts?

View attachment 22862View attachment 22863
I would bet that they would warranty the motor lead. Don't be surprised though if they take this motor and just send you a whole new motor though. I would also ask them about the ESC fan as well. I would think that they would also warranty the ESC fan but I am not too sure on that. What's the worst case scenario? They say no to the motor and you re-solder it and they say no to the fan and you buy another one?

Let us know what you find out.

I will. I didn't have a copy of my original sales receipt to send in with the email, but I sent a copy of the charge from my credit card statement. Hopefully they won't break my balls. I also have another warranty claim open for the servo on my Typhon. I hope that doesn't work against me either.

The wire on my outcast esc fan finally broke off on me. I desoldered both, cleaned it up then cut and resoldered and put the sticker back down. Now it's good again. Kind of annoying getting the fan out of the truck in the outcast, since it's right under the center cage/tower pin.

Like I mentioned alrwady, I also have a warranty claim in on the servo from my Typhon which I purchased from a forum member. I wasn't sure how they would handle it since even though the truck was new in box, I wasn't the original purchaser. I just received a response from Arrma and this is why I will continue to purchase their products.

We appreciate your providing that information. The one thing that raises some concern is the purchase. We do not offer warranty on secondhand purchases.
In this case, it does appear to be a second hand purchase. Even though the model was brand new in box. If the model was originally purchased by another individual. The warranty remains with them and not whomever purchases second.

That being said, we Are willing to offer a one time courtesy replacement servo to get you up and running. I will get this shipped out to you asap free of charge.

That's just outstanding customer service. It does suck that I burned my one warranty favor on a servo I really don't need, lol. It is worth noting that if you buy an Arrma from someone, even if it waa never opened, you might not have any warranty. That's a serious consideration when you purchase something like that.

Got my answer on the other issue:

"Hi Ed

Thank you for the pictures, if you have a local hobby shop I would think they can solder that plug back on, and we would be happy to send you a replacement fan for your esc.

Thank you

Jeff G.
Product Support
Horizon Hobby
877-504-0233 "

I said I'd take the fan and I thanked him. It really doesn't warrant a new motor.

Got my answer on the other issue:

"Hi Ed

Thank you for the pictures, if you have a local hobby shop I would think they can solder that plug back on, and we would be happy to send you a replacement fan for your esc.

Thank you

Jeff G.
Product Support
Horizon Hobby
877-504-0233 "

I said I'd take the fan and I thanked him. It really doesn't warrant a new motor.
That surprises me that they aren't replacing the motor but at least they are replacing the fan. I got a new motor for one of the bearings going out so I figured they would replace it. Thanks for getting back to us on what they said.

It does suck that I burned my one warranty favor on a servo I really don't need, lol.

They told me the same thing when I asked for a replacement for my servo. My first thought was that they would not warranty my car anymore because of a servo. Then i realized what they probably meant was that since they realized that their cheap servos will keep going out they are only going to give me a free replacement once, not every other month for the rest of my life. I think that comment was directed for the servo only.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back