Talion Broken my rear wing. Simply replace, or a better solution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatMarcus172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Talion EXB
  3. Vorteks
Hey All

Still very early days with my lovely Talion EXB. Broke the rear wing in a tumble on its first outing.
Attempted to glue it but now its riding Backflip 4S tyres, too much throttle and the car will do a running backflip...which if course re-broke the wing in a nano-second.

Obviously I could just buy a new wing but isnt there a cleverer solution ? Im sure ive heard people say the problem is really the over-stiff wingmount and there's no point replacing the wing until youve got a more flexy mount. is that right ? And if so, which one do I need ? I think there's an RPM one, right ?

Also, the car doesn't come with a wheelie bar. On the belted katars it didnt need it. Now Im thinking it does. if so, which one do you rate ?

Thanks everybody

Hey All

Still very early days with my lovely Talion EXB. Broke the rear wing in a tumble on its first outing.
Attempted to glue it but now its riding Backflip 4S tyres, too much throttle and the car will do a running backflip...which if course re-broke the wing in a nano-second.

Obviously I could just buy a new wing but isnt there a cleverer solution ? Im sure ive heard people say the problem is really the over-stiff wingmount and there's no point replacing the wing until youve got a more flexy mount. is that right ? And if so, which one do I need ? I think there's an RPM one, right ?

Also, the car doesn't come with a wheelie bar. On the belted katars it didnt need it. Now Im thinking it does. if so, which one do you rate ?

Thanks everybody
@3d-rc.myshopify.com wingmount,
Get the high profile if you want more flex.

This is what I’m running on my kraton v5 it was a direct bolt on. Hope this helps
EF88F897-8D64-4336-9AEC-833FE33BF666.jpeg

To answer the question about the WING, don't buy another arrma one. They suck. Try a losi 8ight wing, Revo wing, proline. They are much more flexible. If you want to stick arrma wings, boil them for ~5 mins.

3dRC or RPM for the wing mount.

AR320366 for the wheelie bar.

These are the two options I'm currently looking at, as I keep tweaking wing mounts and shearing/bending wing mount bolts from landing on the lid....... I think a good wheelie bar would pretty much solve your problems.
The first seems like a really cool wheelie bar setup, and not one you see every day, the second is an aluminum wing mount and wheelie bar all in one.

https://www.amazon.com/SHEAWA-Spring-Wheelie-KRATON-Upgrade/dp/B092VXKZXD
https://www.amazon.com/GPM-OUTCAST-Upgrade-Aluminum-Wheelie/dp/B07DW3Y121

I've broken at least 3x 3drc wing mounts tbh lol. Literally just took one off my kraton earlier today because it ripped where the bolt goes through at the brace. Maybe I tightened it too much? I still think they're the best option though so I always try to have spares. :ROFLMAO:

You broke the wing itself? how can it be broken? its pretty flexible. mine lasts years
Mine break all the time.
To answer the question about the WING, don't buy another arrma one. They suck. Try a losi 8ight wing, Revo wing, proline. They are much more flexible. If you want to stick arrma wings, boil them for ~5 mins.

3dRC or RPM for the wing mount.

AR320366 for the wheelie bar.
I haven't been impressed by the Proline wing I've had 3 of them and all 3 of them broke rather quickly. So far the Bittydesign Stealth wing has held up better really wish they wouldn't have discontinued it 😔
These are the two options I'm currently looking at, as I keep tweaking wing mounts and shearing/bending wing mount bolts from landing on the lid....... I think a good wheelie bar would pretty much solve your problems.
The first seems like a really cool wheelie bar setup, and not one you see every day, the second is an aluminum wing mount and wheelie bar all in one.

Maybe on the top one, but stay far far away from the second one unless you want to replace rear gearboxes all the time.
I've broken at least 3x 3drc wing mounts tbh lol. Literally just took one off my kraton earlier today because it ripped where the bolt goes through at the brace. Maybe I tightened it too much? I still think they're the best option though so I always try to have spares. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah you probably overtightened it.

Last edited:
Maybe on the top one, but stay far far away from the second one unless you want to replace rear gearboxes all the time.

To be honest I'm surprised I haven't had to already, if it's enough force to bend and shear off those bolts just with the stock plastic wing mount, I'd think it's already transferring a pretty good amount of energy to the gearbox.

I have the gpm it's heavy but also strong. If you can land perfectly it's great but get it wrong and it destroys the gearbox cover. I've gone to the flexi mount no wheelie bar and a £10 amazon wing and all is good.

I have the gpm it's heavy but also strong. If you can land perfectly it's great but get it wrong and it destroys the gearbox cover. I've gone to the flexi mount no wheelie bar and a £10 amazon wing and all is good.
Got a link for the wing ?

TIA

Thanks everyone for such a lot of useful advice. Much to my surprise Im hearing quite a few people say "don't get a wheelie bar at all". Just get a flexible wing mount and in some cases, get an RPM front bumper and put it on the back.
Well, Ive fitted the bumper and its pretty sturdy and flexible. I managed to get the RPM wingmount really cheaply so got that too but its not yet fitted.
I`ll try boiling the rear wing (and I know some others reccomend wd40- for softening) but will get something more flexible to replace it.

I have the stock wheelie bar on my noto6 with the @3d-rc.myshopify.com mount and I’ve yet to break any components. I did shear the bolts that mount to the bulkhead but the wing, mount, and wheelie bar were all intact. Goes to show the force that the wing can distribute, enough to shear bolts but not the wing mount.

Thanks everyone for such a lot of useful advice. Much to my surprise Im hearing quite a few people say "don't get a wheelie bar at all". Just get a flexible wing mount and in some cases, get an RPM front bumper and put it on the back.
Well, Ive fitted the bumper and its pretty sturdy and flexible. I managed to get the RPM wingmount really cheaply so got that too but its not yet fitted.
I`ll try boiling the rear wing (and I know some others reccomend wd40- for softening) but will get something more flexible to replace it.
Quick update. Ran the car on a grass track at the weekend with lots of big jumps and a few bad landings. Using the RPM wing mount and a double-shimmed new wing, all held up really well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back