Outcast Broken Outcast Chronicles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike k

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
So, I took delivery of my Outcast 6s ~April 25. I'm keeping this chronicle of destruction for my own amusement.

No judgement intended, as I fully recognize that I drive this overpowered, squirrelly beast with far more zeal than skill, and am blessed with some rough natural terrain and obstacles to plow through.

Nevertheless, in my first month of RC car bashing, I've managed to break, in approximately this order:
  • Right rear shock eyelet
  • Wing mount (replaced w RPM)
  • Bumper (replaced w RPM)
  • Left rear shock eyelet
  • Left rear outer wheel bearing exploded...
  • ...resulting in an, um, sharpened red wheel hex thingie
  • Left front shock eyelet
  • Slightly bent front shock tower (living with it for now)
  • Two of the white ports on my charger, plus one of the connector cords shorted to oblivion (ha!)
  • Shredded rear tires, repaired and one re-shredded and replaced
  • Front left A-arm
Thus far (and I fully expect this to change if only because I'm writing this) everything's been cheap and easy to replace. Just a matter of time before I trash the thing more seriously, but so far so good. And so much fun, at least for as long as each session lasts before something fails. Onwards!

Add from yesterday:
  • 2 more shock ends (parts for beefier replacements in the mail)
  • ESC fan wasn't working at the end of last session, hopefully it won't be anything tragic
  • Steering is super slow, guessing it'll be a servo replacement next?
Two more things to learn to troubleshoot...

Also the smaller velcro strap around the battery.
One of the replacement wing mount is bending.
Lost an antenna cover.

Jeez Mike, sounds like you are having fun and learning heaps.
Apart from scratched up body, the only damage to my son's Outcast has been.
Kept popping a dog bone out, removing the spacer next to the pivot balls sorted that out.
Popped a pivot ball out of the steering lock going over bike jumps today.
Chewed up a wheel hub when a wheel nuts backed off.

Yeah, I wonder from time to time if it's just me. Generally I have a positive attitude about it all and I don't mind wrenching on it from time to time. But I literally put the truck out of commission 2/3 of the sessions I run it - even if the breakage is minor, if I have to wait a week for a part that's a low percentage of operational time. So it goes I guess.

Add from yesterday:
  • 2 more shock ends (parts for beefier replacements in the mail)
  • ESC fan wasn't working at the end of last session, hopefully it won't be anything tragic
  • Steering is super slow, guessing it'll be a servo replacement next?
Two more things to learn to troubleshoot...

Def have a replacement fan on standby. Mine went out the other and somehow I shorted a $70 rx

One more wing mount (RPM) bites the dust today. So worth it.

You trying to jump over a hotel with your outcast or something? :D

Getting much better at driving and jumping. Only one nose-y and one tail landing today, but nevertheless:
Snapped the other wing mount.
My newly installed Yeah Racing fan set performed brilliantly as far as lowering the motor temps, but one of the fans stopped working on this bash as well. Haven't done any troubleshooting yet, but for now counting it as a breakage.

Whelp, in spite of taking the focus on better driving to heart, and actually getting a lot better, the destruction continues.
Lost my steering - looks like whatever the steering rack attaches to is no longer connected. I did't hit anything big on this one, just sort of fell off. Maybe a screw was loose? Not looking forward to this particular repair, since I can't see what needs doing...

Add to my list:
  • a dead servo
  • two diff pins
  • a shredded center diff case
  • stock remote (some internal tensioner spring or something on the steering dial snapped - Arrma warrantied it with an upgrade, to their credit)
  • shock boots are fraying
This has all resulting in quite a bit of downtime, hopefully will be back up and running in a week or two with more time to spare now.

In the meantime, my son and I build a sweet ramp, so I'm ready to f*ck some more sh*t up soon!

Wing
Another Yeah racing motor fan
Another Esc fan
Rpm bumper
Rear wheel bearing
Front right lower suspension arm
Replaced body
Center diff case
Dang the front arrma bumper mount thing fell out too, suggesting it’s screws were stripped so maybe whatever that goes into is toast as well.

on the bright side it’s spring and we built a rad new ramp

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back