Kraton BROKEN PARTS, IN NEED OF HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
20200723_131015.jpg

I used a piece of aluminium bar
i personally never broke a shock tower only stripped screw hole on the bottom on my new bigrock ? my kraton 4s one year old shock towers never stripped on me its an important screw that stripped its the screw that seals the diff case with the chassi

The outcast 4s bumper also works better imo
I have put it on my bigrock 4s
No bumper spring on the Outcast 4s bumper. A direct front hit sends all the impact right into the shock tower. I've seen videos of Outcast shock tower breaks. I've been using the stock Granite bumpers. One important change. I stuffed the bumper springs with foam tape. The Arrma bumper springs provide amazing cushioning once reinforced with foam. I've taken countless bad hits, I've never broken a bumper or bumper spring since stuffing with foam.
In that case, do you know if they make a metal version and if so is it worth it?
A metal bumper is a bad idea. Which is probably why no one makes them. Parts that take impact need to be plastic. Plastic flexes, metal doesn't. A metal bumper would get bent/broken in no time. Look at every good bumper, they all rely on plastic and flexibility so they bend, don't break, and don't just send all the impact into another part.

Attachments

• 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I've had 4s blx Kraton since Christmas. Most of the time in hibernation. I've taken it out about 20-30 times at about 45 minutes before the batteries die (3s 4s) so far I've broken, in this order, front left a arm, shock, shock again, a arm, bearings, pivot balls, the bumper, and the servo. Should I go and upgrade everything to aluminum, keep it the same or just get a more heavier duty arrma?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back