Kraton Broken Rear Pin/Hinge Cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GraniteVorteksKraton

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Vorteks
Just thought I would report that I broke a pin/hinge cover just bashing around on flat ground today. Damned if i know how this happened. I was just driving around and the rear wheel started wobbling so I checked it and found the pin was half way out and the A arm was dangling.

Gotta go and check the part number in the book to get a replacement. I hope the LHS stocks this part. I noticed that the aluminium part is bent so i will have to straighten it up before I replace the new pin/hinge cover.

Anyone else has this part fail?

20151022_173606.jpg
20151022_173521.jpg

It doesn't look like the aluminum suspension mount is bent all that much so you can probably get away pretty easily by gently bending it back straight. The hinge pin cover part number you want is AR330379.

Cheers WoodiE , I will try and get the parts tomorrow and yeh, i thought about it and realised the slightly bent alloy bit won't matter coz I will just put the new part over the pins and screw it down and that should be all it needs to clamp the hinge pins. It was my first run today after my servo and ESC blew up 3 weeks ago. I don't seem to be having the same luck with the Kraton as some people are. In two months of use with the Kraton I have experienced a few breakages but I still love it.

My failures within 20 to 25 battery packs have been :

3 x inner wheel bearing hub carriers
1x rear wing mount
1x rear chassis support bracket
1 x fried melted servo
1x fried melted ESC
1x hinge pin cover

All these instances have rendered the car undrivable at the time of damage. All have been singular, separate instances when a failure has occurred. That's 8 times out of 25 that I have had to pick the car up and carry it home.

I only hear thats its one tough truck though, in my situation, 8 out 25 times it has showed weakness. But its still a tough truck haha

Cheers WoodiE , I will try and get the parts tomorrow and yeh, i thought about it and realised the slightly bent alloy bit won't matter coz I will just put the new part over the pins and screw it down and that should be all it needs to clamp the hinge pins. It was my first run today after my servo and ESC blew up 3 weeks ago. I don't seem to be having the same luck with the Kraton as some people are. In two months of use with the Kraton I have experienced a few breakages but I still love it.

My failures within 20 to 25 battery packs have been :

3 x inner wheel bearing hub carriers
1x rear wing mount
1x rear chassis support bracket
1 x fried melted servo
1x fried melted ESC
1x hinge pin cover

All these instances have rendered the car undrivable at the time of damage. All have been singular, separate instances when a failure has occurred. That's 8 times out of 25 that I have had to pick the car up and carry it home.

I only hear thats its one tough truck though, in my situation, 8 out 25 times it has showed weakness. But its still a tough truck haha
yep one will find that you will replace parts.
it would be nice if some manufacturers would start to make some aftermarket parts.

I would also like to say that you should get a new esc castle creations is my goto

This is the same problem I have, except in the front, interesting.

FWIW, I swapped to DEX8 hanger's, and a Senton bumper and haven't had any further issues, after having broke two stock ones.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back