Broken rear shocks nero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karniszczak

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hi.
Last driving my shocks rear that broken.
I have a question what prefered good new shocks. What the best shock compatibility nero.

Hi.
Last driving my shocks rear that broken.
I have a question what prefered good new shocks. What the best shock compatibility nero.

The Nero shocks are pretty stout. I've heard that moving your shock mounting position to the third hole in so they are almost straight will reduce a lot of the suspension stresses.

The most reason that the shock rod will break is that the rocker arm bend them while the suspension is in lowest position.
If then a small push comes on top of the wheel, the rod will break.
Changing the "upper" position of the shocks will reduce this issue a little like mrfurious40k already wrote.

Using Hobao spring cups (which are longer) and / or changing to GKA rocker arms will fix the problem of broken shock rods.
Also the longer cups will give you more available preload to the springs if you want,
Normally the original shocks are quite OK but not their installation design.
If I were you, I would just replace the rod, change the position of the shocks and the next cheapest option the Hobao cups.
I have done it on my Big Rock and girlfriends Nero blue, till yet no issues with broken shock rods.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back