Broken Rod End

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spook

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi all,

I have broken one of the rod ends on my Granite by the turnbuckle, if I order the rod end set do they just unscrew from the turnbuckle ? Will I need any special tools, like the turn buckle wrench to do this? Is there any adjustment on them, I.e. how will I know if they are correctly set ?

thanks all

Jonathan

Measure the length of the turnbuckle before you change it or mark the thread where the rod end was. You should expect that the threads will be quite tight. You can use Chapstick or Vaseline on the threads when replacing the rod ends to lubricate them a little and make them easier to fit

You don't necessarily need a turnbuckle wrench, but they do help when adjusting them. You can use an adjustable wrench instead or even a set of pliers

Measure the length of the turnbuckle before you change it or mark the thread where the rod end was. You should expect that the threads will be quite tight. You can use Chapstick or Vaseline on the threads when replacing the rod ends to lubricate them a little and make them easier to fit

You don't necessarily need a turnbuckle wrench, but they do help when adjusting them. You can use an adjustable wrench instead or even a set of pliers
Great thank you, obvious when you say it, Lol. When you say the threads will tight does that mean I am likely to have problems unscrewing the old ones ? If they are plastic and already split, is it safe to just hold the turnbuckle and put more and more pressure on the plastic until it moves.... and, just a thought, do both ends unscrew anti-clockwise or is that something to watch out for ?

many thanks.

Great thank you, obvious when you say it, Lol. When you say the threads will tight does that mean I am likely to have problems unscrewing the old ones ? If they are plastic and already split, is it safe to just hold the turnbuckle and put more and more pressure on the plastic until it moves.... and, just a thought, do both ends unscrew anti-clockwise or is that something to watch out for ?

many thanks.
Yes, when removing them they'll feel quite tight but that's normal. The turnbuckles on the 4x4 Arrma cars are 5mm. Every turnbuckle has a standard thread on one side, and a reverse thread on the other. You'll figure out which is which by looking at the threads or when you start unscrewing the rod ends. Some RCs have notches on the shaft to indicate which is which, though the 4x4 ones don't

Thank you for your help, very much appreciated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back