Broken shock posts

Sportbikeco

Reaction score
I've broken 2 rear shock posts now and it's because the rear of the body puts weight down on the end of the rocker and snaps it right off. You can see some white paint on the rocker arms from this happening.

I don't see a stronger bolt as a solution as you will end up with a bent bolt or hard to remove threads vs the stud with a hex to remove.

Some sort of roll loop on the rear end should help alot with these issues. Has anyone rigged anything up to keep the weight off the back of the truck on an upside down landing? Maybe a plastic cage part from another rc modded to fit??

Afro Samurai

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
I've broken 2 rear shock posts now and it's because the rear of the body puts weight down on the end of the rocker and snaps it right off. You can see some white paint on the rocker arms from this happening.

I don't see a stronger bolt as a solution as you will end up with a bent bolt or hard to remove threads vs the stud with a hex to remove.

Some sort of roll loop on the rear end should help alot with these issues. Has anyone rigged anything up to keep the weight off the back of the truck on an upside down landing? Maybe a plastic cage part from another rc modded to fit??

good analysis of the problem. ..so something more substantial than the provided loop over the rear..no one has done it yet ...you could be the first...