Granite Broken Shock Tower at Diff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandblaster

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Granite
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Vorteks
See post for the shock mount on tower itself braking, this one broke and pulled away from the chassis. The top half of diff cover broke at the motor mount area at the rear of chassis. Is this a usually breaking point? Find no upgrades. Also bumper failed. Thinking maybe the bumper breakage caused the top half of diff cover to break. Your thoughts and experience much appreciated.

See post for the shock mount on tower itself braking, this one broke and pulled away from the chassis. The top half of diff cover broke at the motor mount area at the rear of chassis. Is this a usually breaking point? Find no upgrades. Also bumper failed. Thinking maybe the bumper breakage caused the top half of diff cover to break. Your thoughts and experience much appreciated.
Do you have a picture? I just swapped a chassis yesterday. Mine broke right at the front this time. The 3 & 4s do break ever so often but I put mine through hell so I just keep a spare at all times. Jenny’s is great for getting spares. I had one break completely in half ,tower thing and chassis.
I have not been able to find anything aftermarket to keep them from breaking. At least nothing I think will justify the expense.
Maybe some of the other guys might know.
I’d like to find something myself

No complaint her either. It has taken a beating for sure. Ones we use to learn air control. Lots of bad landings. Seems a strange place to break, so curious if others see this.

IMG_2090.jpeg

IMG_2091.jpeg

Only place. Will double check chassis

Looks like you somehow landed just right against the rear bumper.. pushing it against the midsection of the rear tower bulkhead...

Now I presume it cracked after the incident ,but did it come completely off the chassis? Or it was still attached?

Yes, think the bumper was the main failure. The chassis shows no signs of stress cracks etc. It had several hard hits on bumpers. Then the 4 place landing was the finally break. The long screw at the very back of the shock towers had plastic threads that pulled out. This is probably one of a kind rare break. Cheap enough fix. $25 for both towers and bumpers. No complaint. Great trucks. The person who this belongs to also has a Traxxas Hoss. The Hoss is a bust compared to the Granite. Sorry for the Hoss purchase. Hoss is very hard to flip in air. Have to keep throttle on all the time and it comes down with wheels full bore and acts like a rocket. Will not hold up long. Only thing it is good at is bunny hops. Gets boring quick.

Yes, think the bumper was the main failure. The chassis shows no signs of stress cracks etc. It had several hard hits on bumpers. Then the 4 place landing was the finally break. The long screw at the very back of the shock towers had plastic threads that pulled out. This is probably one of a kind rare break. Cheap enough fix. $25 for both towers and bumpers. No complaint. Great trucks. The person who this belongs to also has a Traxxas Hoss. The Hoss is a bust compared to the Granite. Sorry for the Hoss purchase. Hoss is very hard to flip in air. Have to keep throttle on all the time and it comes down with wheels full bore and acts like a rocket. Will not hold up long. Only thing it is good at is bunny hops. Gets boring quick.
Just upgrade the hoss to 4s with a vxl 4s esc or castle creations esc. The motor is fully capable of 4s and can do double backflips on 4s just off of a curb. I know firsthand because my hoss is nuts with that setup with a vxl 4s esc mounted onto the Hoss.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back