Kraton Broken T-Bone bumper brace, A-Arms, and a ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JtkBrew

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I was going to take the Kraton out for a quick bash today to check out a new place I scoped out. After the last outing I had not checked the truck over, so as I was charging batteries I gave it a looksie. Spotted a few things, one very peculiar.

The T-Bone Racing front bumper brace cracked. Anyone done this before?? I'm going to run it with this for now, but will probably end up with an RPM one sooner than later.
20200225_104020.jpg

Also noticed the top right a-arm had a crack in it. I already had a new set of RPM arms, so I put those in (it was the first time I had done it, but it was relatively easy).

Also noticed the nut indicated in the picture below was very loose and allowing slop. Tightened that up. The front end felt a lot better when I was done.

20200225_181247.jpg

Here's the wierd part. After one 6s pack, the same nut is loose again. Any ideas as to why, or how to prevent it from backing out again. There is a jam nut on the bottom. I'm wondering if it's just worn and not holding like it should or if there's something else going.

New spot wasn't as good as I had hoped, but I got out, didn't break anything else I'm aware of, and had fun none the less.

I was going to take the Kraton out for a quick bash today to check out a new place I scoped out. After the last outing I had not checked the truck over, so as I was charging batteries I gave it a looksie. Spotted a few things, one very peculiar.

The T-Bone Racing front bumper brace cracked. Anyone done this before?? I'm going to run it with this for now, but will probably end up with an RPM one sooner than later. View attachment 67077

Also noticed the top right a-arm had a crack in it. I already had a new set of RPM arms, so I put those in (it was the first time I had done it, but it was relatively easy).

Also noticed the nut indicated in the picture below was very loose and allowing slop. Tightened that up. The front end felt a lot better when I was done.

View attachment 67079

Here's the wierd part. After one 6s pack, the same nut is loose again. Any ideas as to why, or how to prevent it from backing out again. There is a jam nut on the bottom. I'm wondering if it's just worn and not holding like it should or if there's something else going.

New spot wasn't as good as I had hoped, but I got out, didn't break anything else I'm aware of, and had fun none the less.
Mine used to back off all the time too. Take them out carefully so you do t loose the little washers and bushings in there and one at a time add some blue threadlock to the screw and screw it back in until the steering starts to bind then back it off until it moves freely, you can disconnect the steering linkage from the servo to ensure that it is not too tight.

Mine used to back off all the time too. Take them out carefully so you do t loose the little washers and bushings in there and one at a time add some blue threadlock to the screw and screw it back in until the steering starts to bind then back it off until it moves freely, you can disconnect the steering linkage from the servo to ensure that it is not too tight.

Thanks. I'll try that out and see it if it helps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back